JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
1st Round Questions? | Reply
Hi Everyone,

Our challenge already run for a while now and I just want to check, anyone already working on this challenge and have a plan to submit and participate in this 1st round? Any questions so far? Can you confirm your working status with us? Thank you.

Best regards,

fajar.mln
Re: 1st Round Questions? (response to post by fajar.mln) | Reply
Guess I'll go first with the questions.

1. Is it an App or Mobile website?

2. Are the API's internally developed or are they Public (Google, Dropbox, BitBucket, Slack)?

3. It's stated in the Brief - How quickly could you find information?
Are we talking about 100 or 1000 API's?

4. Is this an existing service or a newly launching enterprise(How flexible is the branding)?

5. Are the API's covering different disciplines i.e. Neural Networks, Image analysis?
Hi fajar,

1. What are the categories for APIs?
2. Any info for client background (about the company)?

Thank you.
Re: 1st Round Questions? (response to post by 0rpheus) | Reply
1# This will be mobile app.

2# Some internal, Some from Public

3# it should be in hundreds range

4# branding is flexible, but the colors needs to follow the one we mentioned in challenge page.

5# No, mostly it's about API related to Banking and Finance.
Re: 1st Round Questions? (response to post by basuki) | Reply
basuki,

1# Banking and Finance

2# The client is a company that offers financial services such as auto, home, personal, and business loans, as well as provides insurance and investment services. The company operates in the United States.
Hi Fajar, i didn't really understand about API specificly, so here is my questions based on below statement:
Depending on the API there will be text boxes or dropdowns to detail specific data.
- Click OK to run the API or Clear to reset the paramater input to default.
- Results are showin the same window.

1. Can you please give a specific name for "text boxes or dropdowns to detail specific data"?
2. What kind of result/data that will shown?

- Navigate to the gear icon to open the admin screen. (Only if permissions allow)
- Admin screen pops up showing a list of current APIs available as well as an "Add New API" button.
- After clicking the "Add New API" button the current screen changes showing fields required to create a new API listing.
- Next the new API data will be filled in and accepted.

3. So when admin login the app, it would be a screen dashboard like general user role, than they need to click a gear to switch to admin screen?
4. Can you please give a specific field to fill when admin create a new API?

- Ability to check status of API (Up/Down/etc)

5. Can you explain more about what is Up & Down for? indicate for what? Thanks Bang

- Each block is defined via RESTful JSON object. (Will place example of JSON here).
6. Can you please explain more about "RESTful JSON object." i dont get it, sorry
Any updates with my questions Fajar? Thank you
Are icon8 and flaticons allowed in this challenge, Mr.Fajar?
Re: 1st Round Questions? (response to post by universo) | Reply
1# So, the textbox, drop-down, or other fields form available in the API will be used to set the API parameter and it can be vary depending on the API characteristic. For example, in some API, there might be a parameter to set the API specific active date and this can be presented by 2 calendar box (date to, date from), the other API might be used to set location into specific area, so it can be a drop down to set an lock specific location, etc.

2# The result should be the API codes with specific parameter set that can be copied by the user. Some additional ideas maybe an example of how the API implementation result will look like.

3# Yes, it can be like that, but we are open to any suggestion for this, let's be creative on this one

4# When Admin wants to create new API, they can do it via 2 ways:
- it can be taken from a list of API library that not yet added to the app, and then user can set the API description like name, API purpose, API active periods, API configuration, etc
- it can be created from scratch, admin needs to connect with the API link source first, and then set the the API description.

5# the Up and Down are to check whether the API is active or offline

6# it's the result in JSON format that use REST for the trasnfer protocol, to make it simple, you can read this articles for the sample result that needs to be shown: https://technologyconversations.com/2014/08/12/rest-api-with-json/
Re: 1st Round Questions? (response to post by arihtakid) | Reply
arihtakid,

Yes, those two sites are allowed in this challenge, thank you.
Is " API active or offline" set by admin role? Thnks
No, it should be set automatically by the system by checking on the API server status, if the server down, then it needs to show offline status. if the server is up, then it shows active.
--double post--
Thanks for all answer :) submit it soon
Nice to hear that, looking forward to see your design universo.
RSS