JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Submissions | Reply
Are all team members allowed to make a submission?
Re: Submissions (response to post by yellowsubmarine) | Reply
Quoting from the "Registered teams" thread where another member of your team asked something similar:

> Will we be able to post results under our team name?
No. As the problem statement says: "Only team Captains may submit a solution to the Competition." So your team's submissions will appear under your name, and you should make sure that no other members submit.
Re: Submissions (response to post by walrus71) | Reply
As far as we understood, it should be okay to submit with all participants, but only the submissions from the Team Captain would be considered for the competition:

"Topcoder members participating in a team will not receive a rating for this Competition. Notwithstanding Topcoder rules and conditions to the contrary, solutions submitted by any Topcoder member who is a member of a team but is not the Captain of the team may be deleted and is ineligible for award."

Is this incorrect?
Re: Submissions (response to post by maups) | Reply
This rule should be observed: "Only team Captains may submit a solution to the Competition."
Each submission reveals a given amount of information about the testing data. The frequency of the submissions is limited so that contestants/teams are not able to mine any amount of such information. If we allowed a team of N people submit independently then they could gather N times as much information as an individual, which in some contests may mean a huge and unfair advantage.
And what should we do in this case?
Re: Submissions (response to post by maups) | Reply
I just noticed that all 4 members of your team have been submitting already. I assume that you did this because of misunderstanding the rules and you had no ill intentions. The unclarity of the rules and not noticing this earlier is our fault, sorry about that.
In the future only the team captain must submit. I ask all the other members to make one last submission: an invalid one that will score 0 that will move them to the bottom of the leaderboard.
Yes, we clearly misunderstood that, and we apologize for this. We will submit our last result with our captain and submit invalid files with the other accounts.
RSS