JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >
Progress prizes | Reply
Be reminded that the first progress prize will be awarded on 10th October. You need to score above 600k to claim your share of $3000.
Re: Progress prizes (response to post by walrus71) | Reply
6 contestants scored above 600k, they receive $500 each. Congratulations to zaq1xsw2tktk, pfr, mike.shvets, prittm, thomio.watanabe and grant_scott!

The 2nd progress prize will be awarded on 5th November, you'll need to score higher than 675k to claim your share of $3000. Note that this threshold may be changed in the next two weeks.
Congratulations all, I have just processed all the payments.
For the second progressive prize, we will also include some AWS resources. We are still determining how many and how long but we will announce before 11/5
Re: Progress prizes (response to post by kbowerma) | Reply
Hi,
Can the progress prize be split among team members? The prize for October seems to have been credited to me, but I prefer that it be split evenly among our four team members. Also, is there any way for them to get topcoder recognition for this, and not just me?
-Mark
(prittm, team leader of YellowSubmarine)
Re: Progress prizes (response to post by prittm) | Reply
Thanks, prittm, I just sent you an email and I can work directly on redistribution and recognition.
Reminder the progressive prize winners be selected in two days so if you are close be sure to get your submissions in. In addition, the cash prize to those submissions we will also be giving out 10 days of AWS EC2 resources for the TOP 10 submission at the time of the progressive is announced.

If you are in the top 10 you will get an email next week with instruction to claim your AWS resource

Good Luck

kbowerma
I understand next progress prize deadline is Nov 5, but what timezone? Thanks.
Re: Progress prizes (response to post by antor) | Reply
The same time when the contest launched: 21:00 EDT
7 teams/contestants reached the 2nd progress prize target. Congratulations to zaq1xsw2tktk, prittm (representing team YellowSubmarine), usf_bulls (representing team USF Bulls), tcghanareddy, pfr, jianminsun, walkwind for winning $430 each.
The 3rd progress prize target will be announced soon.
How do I get the fmow-rgb dataset from s3 when I use aws ec2?
Re: Progress prizes (response to post by zaq1xsw2tktk) | Reply
The same way you got it on your local machine. Install awscli or a torrent client.
The next progress prize checkpoint is 2nd December. This time we don't announce a fixed threshold, the target is to reach

target = top_score - modulo(top_score, 25000),

where top_score is the highest score on the leaderboard at the time of the checkpoint. So the leader automatically wins, plus everyone else who scores higher than the leader's score rounded down to the nearest 25k. If, for example, the highest score is 789k on 2nd December, then the $3000 award will be split among people scoring above 775k.
So top scorer decides the game,
For example, the current topper had already reached 762.5K, if everybody else is below 750K he has the option of keeping 750k on that day i.e. keeping everybody out of the window (i.e. 0 window).

Overall this scheme looks highly biased hope it will be rectified.

[Edit] there is a mistake in the above analysis. He can't control it like that because choosing 762.5k or 750k won't bring any one else into the window (assuming everybody else is below 750k).
But the numbers by them self will play the game, 750, 775k, 800k etc. So it means these numbers are highly valued compared to 799k (has huge window), so biased still remains.
Re: Progress prizes (response to post by tcghanareddy) | Reply
Yes, there is some randomness in the scheme, governed by the magic number 25k. We have not used such dynamic progress prize thresholds before, and we are curious to see how it goes. I hope eventually contestants will perceive it as being exciting rather than being unfair.
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >

RSS