JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (oldest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Re: I would like to get all the data. (response to post by kbowerma) | Reply
I have no practical experience. The service is not available in my region.
Re: I would like to get all the data. (response to post by alegro) | Reply
This sounds awesome please let us know how it works.
Re: I would like to get all the data. (response to post by pcblues) | Reply
50 TB Snowballs have 42 TB of usable space. 80 TB Snowballs have 72 TB of usable space. (AWS Snowball Specifications)

Australia (my assumption about your location) - When shipping within Australia, you have access to express shipping. Typically, Snowballs shipped express are delivered in about a day. (Shipping an AWS Snowball Appliance/Shipping Speeds)

EDIT: Asia Pacific (Sydney) Snowball Availability - 80 TB only
Re: I would like to get all the data. (response to post by alegro) | Reply
Thanks. I didn't know about that service, but it makes a lot of sense. It makes me realise how big data has become. They can provide 1 or more 100TB devices, download the data onto them and ship the devices to you.

From the faq:
Q: How quickly can I access my exported data?

We typically start exporting your data within 24 hours of receiving your request, and exporting data can take as long as a week. Once the job is complete and the device is ready, we ship it to you using the shipping options selected when you created the job.
Re: I would like to get all the data. (response to post by pcblues) | Reply
https://aws.amazon.com/snowball/ ?
I would like to get all the data. | Reply
Hi there. My country made our internet infrastructure a political game (i.e. stuffed it up), and so I need to find another way than the internet to get the data to my house.

I have been downloading constantly for days and am little closer to getting just the RGB data.

Can anyone offer to send a hard drive to Melbourne Australia with the full AWS bucket? Or is there somewhere I can drive to in order to get it?

Happy to pay. Just need the data.
RSS