JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Data Science Weekly Challenges series (a.k.a. win a t-shirt) | Reply
Online portion of TCO'17 will feature weekly mini-challenges for members of Algorithm and Marathon tracks. Each challenge will award a TCO'17 t-shirt to its lucky winner!

For details see my blog post.

For the first week, the t-shirt will go to the lowest-rated member who will get a bye to Stage 2 of Algorithm Competition. My estimate for cutoff rating for the byes is low 1700s - let's see how SRM 711 changes it :-)

Winner: nims11
Re: Data Science Weekly Challenges series (a.k.a. win a t-shirt) (response to post by Nickolas) | Reply
For the second week, the t-shirt will go to the author of the fastest (counting time from beginning of the contest) correct submission to Easy problem in Round 1A done in the language which has the least submissions for this problem done in it.

Winner: neetsdkasu
Re: Data Science Weekly Challenges series (a.k.a. win a t-shirt) (response to post by Nickolas) | Reply
For the third week, the t-shirt will go to the person who gets the most (positive) points for challenges while getting zero points for problems in Round 1B.

In case of a tie, the person who had the most points for problems after Challenge Phase will win. If the tie still holds, the person who had the most points for problems after Coding Phase will win. If nobody gets positive points for challenges and zero points for problems, the prize will not be awarded.

Winner: p-n_nepexod
For the fourth week, we're switching to Marathon track: the t-shirt will go to the person whose score at Marathon Round 1 mid-point is the closest to the average of all full submission scores.

Winner: wleite
For the fifth week, we stay at the Marathon track: the t-shirt will go to the person who has the shortest last full submission code in the top half of the scoreboard (in the final standings). The length of the code is defined as the number of non-whitespace characters.

Winner: akagenorobin
For the sixth week we're switching back to Algorithm competition for Round 1C which will take place this Saturday: the t-shirt will go to the person whose score after System Testing is the closest to the average of all the scores in Round 1C.

Winner: radkokotev
For the seventh week we go back to Marathon track for Round 2 which started yesterday: the t-shirt will go to the competitor whose score at the Marathon Round 2 mid-point has fractional part* closest to the average of fractional parts of all the scores.

*The last five digits of the score.

Winner: rballman
The eighth week has two independent challenges:

1. Get 31st place in final standings of Marathon Round 2.

Winner: TrePe

2. Do the latest successful challenge in Algorithm Round 2A.

Winner: gangsterveggies
For week #9, the t-shirt will go to the participant of TCO Announcement Fun Marathon who gets maximal value of (final score / (1 + abs(number of full submissions - M))), where M is the median of numbers of full submissions of all participants.

Winner: NobuMiu
For week #10, the t-shirt will be awarded to the participant of Algorithm Round 2B who gets the smallest absolute difference of score for problems (after system test) and score for challenges (must have positive score for both).

Winner: FAndES
Oops, I didn't realize I've never announced week #11 challenge in this thread. I guess I'll fast forward to the results :-)
The t-shirt will be awarded to the competitor who participated in all three Round 2s, did not advance to Round 3 but got the highest average place across the three rounds.

Winner: sigma425

This concludes the series. I hope you enjoyed the challenges - or at least were aware of them :-)
RSS