Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >
Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. | Reply
- The contest has 2 submissions
- Someone writes his name on submission folder & in readme.
- The most important spec. requirement & many small issues for other submission got deliberately missed by reviewer who generally don't miss anything.

My view: spec. requirement clearly mentioned in "1_22.png , 1_23.png & 1_24.png" must be reviewed for the other submission & their should be score down for writing names.

"Contest has around 3000 DR points" so submissions should stay anonymous.
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by hi4sandy) | Reply
Hey there hi4sandy!

There was a similar discussion about writing handles in submission (folder-name, copyrights etc) on Slack and the result was that it doesn't makes sense to score down for that as it's really easy to see which submission belongs to which user..
Think about the CODE track where most challenges require a video and that video is mostly hosted on YOUTUBE/MONOSNAP and it's really easy to see who uploaded the video..

Reviewers should be consistent regardless if they know who submitted or not.

So the issue here is with the reviewer and not with the competitor.
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by hi4sandy) | Reply
Contest has around 3000 DR points
missing DR so badly :-p
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by thomaskranitsas) | Reply
Hi, Thomas

As per my experience with CODE track their is a score down even when your "handle/email" mistakenly got include in git commit.

- For all contest even TC removes the handle name from "OR" portal during the review & appeal phase.

- Everyone is competing & wants to win the TCO17 "Season 2". So as the reviewers.

- This is a strong point & competitors should follow rules of UI contest approved by Admins.
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by veshu) | Reply
Once upon a time this 3000 DR points mean $3000 bonus in Digital run pool.
missing Digital Run :-P
I personally do NOT score down for including the handle in the submission..

Also note that there is an endpoint in V2 API to see which submission belongs to which member so if a reviewer want to make exceptions based on who submitted it's pretty easy :)
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by thomaskranitsas) | Reply
Thanks for sharing your personal view, but review is not about the reviewers personal choices someone may say I don't wanted to review this section from sepc. It's about following the contest spec. & TC standards for review.
Only in Assembly

https://software.topcoder.com/review/actions/ViewScorecard?scid=30001470

Question 2.5.2 The deployment guide contains easy to follow verification steps to properly test the implementation.
In steps where screen shots are used, reviewers must verify the ability to reproduce the information shown and that the actual output is accurate. No personally identifiable information may be revealed unless it is necessary to verify a feature is working as designed.

It was confirmed somewhere that we don't score for this because submitter information is not hidden.
Example: https://www.topcoder.com/challenge-details/30056098/?type=develop
The contest is still open, and you can see handles and submission dates.
Submissions in OR are ordered by date, and the reviewer can recognize members without any problem.
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by Sky_) | Reply
I don't know much about this but if their are some bugs/loop holes than that should be fixed.
This issue was raised for more than 1 years,but there is still no changes.
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by soso0574) | Reply
As I can see there were 2 questions :
My view: spec. requirement clearly mentioned in "1_22.png , 1_23.png & 1_24.png" must be reviewed for the other submission & their should be score down for writing names.
- My 2nd que may be older but the 1st que. is still not reviewed for the other submission. During FF the submitter added this feature. This confirms he missed it earlier & was a valid requirement.

- to add a few more things check the logo here: https://www.predix-ui.com/#/home/ "predix" is blue but wonder why nobody is raising such issues.
- all tree columned totally different from storyboard & don't even touch the footer
- all modals layout, totally different
- Even in FF5 submission image posted by reviewer http://i.imgur.com/FUKDI3t.png the line-height of "2nd" column text has issues.
In the challenge "Atlantis - iPAM Integrated Pricing Application Management - UI Prototype Challenge v1.0", copilot added an extra deduction for missing issues, but it didn't affect the final standing at all (big difference between 1st and 2nd). It was 3 days ago.
Double standards...
Re: Writing name /handle like "Submission-JamesBond" & in Readme file. (response to post by Sky_) | Reply
Even if crystal clear things like "Writing name /handle on submission folder & in readme" isn't getting scored down then why not just announce the winner at the beginning of submission phase?
I'm not quite sure I understand your point here..

How does "Writing name /handle on submission folder & in readme" affect the final score/leaderboard?

As I said above, finding which submission belongs to which member is EXTREMELY easy! Check here an example: http://take.ms/6sR8m
I'm reviewing that challenge right now.. I can find the submitter's handle from:
1) TC API
2) Video (youtube, monosnap etc) account.
3) Email on git patch(es)

If a reviewer makes exceptions based on who submitted, remove him/her from the review board!
Again I'll repeat the same thing. Reviewer can't make their own rule they have to follow the rules.
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >

RSS