JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >
Re: TCO16 Bonus Stage! (response to post by jmpld40) | Reply
guys, i'm looking into this. looks like some challenges were assumed to be tco eligible when they shouldn't have been.

i will sort out this but for now, if the challenge said TCO, i will include it because i don't want it to be misleading. thanks guys
Re: TCO16 Bonus Stage! (response to post by thomaskranitsas) | Reply
But I have really seen the "TCO event eligible" on the right sidebar of these two challenges. But now they seem to be removed.

I think it must be a mistake. Would TC staff explain about this issue?
jmpld40 do you mean you will make the current challenges that have the TCO in title TCO eligible or past challenges too?
any challenge that has said TCO16 we will honor as tco eligible of course. going forward it will only be those NOT clearly marked provided the copilots follow the rules ;)
jmpld40 So the other two challenges of mine are TCO eligible, aren't they?
Changing all challenges (including past challenges) that have the TCO prefix to TCO eligible would affect the current leaderboard because there are many members (including me) they were and are currently working mostly on TCO eligible challenges to earn points..
How is that solution fair for competitors who were competing mostly on TCO eligible challenges?

I remember I didn't registered on many challenges that had high money prize but no TCO points (even if they had the TCO prefix)...
Some examles are:
https://www.topcoder.com/challenge-details/30054961/?type=develop&nocache=true
https://www.topcoder.com/challenge-details/30054955/?type=develop&nocache=true
no no, all challenges that said TCO do count and are part of the leaderboard already.

some challenges (a small few) were made TCO eligible by copilots (and not the system) which was not supposed to have happened. any challenges that happened to we will honor.
IMO, the leaderboard should be refreshed by the newest result, so before the deadline of this stage, the current leaderboard is always changing.

Actually, I'm also competing mostly on TCO eligible challenges, so I care about my rank in the leaderboard and post this issue in this thread.

BTW, if you registered a challenge, it doesn't mean you must gain a point. Competing in a series of challenges will increase the probability of gaining points because they are parts of a same project and you are familiar with it. And, one of your posted examples is the challenge that I won.
Hi jmpld40,
Any update on when are you going to conclude the results of TCO16 Bonus Stage? :)
Re: TCO16 Bonus Stage! (response to post by birdofpreyru) | Reply
yes, today :)
Hi jmpld40, could you kindly explain the results of the TCO 16 bonus stage? From the list of online champions, I don't see any top members of the bonus stage leaderboard. Instead, I noticed that spanhawk and cjalmeida are newly added to be finalists. However, they are not in the top rank of the TCO 16 bonus stage. The best rank of spanhawk is rank 4 in Stage 2, the best rank of cjalmeida is rank 3 in Stage 4.

Also, I noticed that thomaskranitsas was added to be a finalist because of Prototype track, however, his best rank of Prototype track is rank 8 in Stage 4.

I understand probably there are some unclear points of the rules, so an explanation may be necessary.

Thank you for your explanation in advance. :)
Re: TCO16 Bonus Stage! (response to post by billsedison) | Reply
of course!

happy to explain. when the top performers from any track can't come to the TCO finals, we go down the line of folks on the leaderboard to fill the spot. so that is what we did.
the bonus stage winners were the top 2 from each track, akinwale and birdofpreyru.
Ah, so the top of the bonus stage only indicates the top one instead of top two members of the leaderboard (just like stage 1~4). I totally misunderstood before. :(

I got rank 2 of the bonus stage in Development Track, I do really want to attend TCO 16 final but it seems that I have lost the opportunity. :(
Anyway. Thank you very much for your explanation. I need to make efforts and hope to get the opportunity to attend TCO 17 final. :)
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >

RSS