JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
As a code/F2F developer, what are the documents I'm supposed to be aware of? | Reply
In a recent challenge, the reviewer cited a guide/document that I hadn't seen till that point and was not invoked by any reviewer in my previous challenges.

After the completion of the challenge, I requested to the reviewer to let me know about all the documents that he uses in his reviews as a reference. He said that he uses just the one he cited, but informed me that 'it was my responsibility to discover any contest related documents'.

First off, I certainly don't thinks it's my responsibility. It's topcoder's or at least the copilot's responsibility to inform me about any document that I should be aware of. I cannot scan the entire site to find all the documents that are relevant to me.

Therefore, it would be great if we were informed about all the documents that are used as a reference during code/F2F reviews.

Moreover, I noticed that the document he cited is for 'component development'. Is it relevant to code/F2F challenges as well, as in, should it be strictly inforced? If it should be, then I request the copilots to include it in the challenge specs.

In general I request the copilots to include every document in the specs that can be used as a reference for point deduction. Nothing should be left to chance.
Re: As a code/F2F developer, what are the documents I'm supposed to be aware of? (response to post by ketzjs09) | Reply
> First off, I certainly don't thinks it's my responsibility. It's topcoder's or at least the copilot's responsibility to inform me about any document that I should be aware of. I cannot scan the entire site to find all the documents that are relevant to me.

Correct.

> In general I request the copilots to include every document in the specs that can be used as a reference for point deduction. Nothing should be left to chance.

Not a bad idea. Perhaps, depending on the tech stack, relevant links could be shared in the contest page.

That said, I will take this up this coming week and give an update.

I am also thinking of making this process more transparent - things that I said I will update, when I said I will give you an update etc.
So that, the community can follow it up further with us Dev Track CAB members and hold us to our word.
Re: As a code/F2F developer, what are the documents I'm supposed to be aware of? (response to post by callmekatootie) | Reply
That'd be nice.
RSS