JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! | Reply
We just announced some tournament updates for the TCO16 on the Topcoder blog.

One major thing I wanted to point out in case it's not obvious with the news is the way we've incorporated the TCO regional events into the Algorithm Competition.

The way it works is that at our TCO regional events, there will be an algorithm competition (SRM). You need to be at the actual regional event to be eligible to compete. The top ten scores from each regional event SRM will move on to a special online wildcard round. The top 2 scorers from that online round win a trip to compete in the onsite Algorithm Finals!

Currently we're planning on having at least 4 regional events and maybe more - all of which we hope to announce in the coming months. Stay tuned for more info and I hope this is a great perk for those of you who have never had a chance to win a trip as an algorithm finalist before!
Re: TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! (response to post by jmpld40) | Reply
It would be AWESOME to have a Regional in Latin America (if it can be in Argentina it would be extra cool!)
Re: TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! (response to post by ltaravilse) | Reply
That is definitely on our radar and I hope to have updates soon!
Re: TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! (response to post by jmpld40) | Reply
Any plans for India?
Re: TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! (response to post by ltaravilse) | Reply
Any hopes for Africa more specifically Ethiopia?
Re: TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! (response to post by Rushikesh.Deshp) | Reply
yes, we do. we're finalizing them in the coming weeks.
Re: TCO Regional Events could lead you to the TCO Finals! (response to post by yosan.girma) | Reply
we definitely want to have a regional event in africa. if it does not work out this year, i'm hoping for next year!
RSS