JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (oldest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 ]
Re: Expectations from CAB Members (response to post by callmekatootie) | Reply
> we can only inform topcoder that DR in either its past form or a new form is being requested for by the community ... That is one expectation that I wanted to make sure the community understands and how CAB plays a role in that decision.

Do you understand CAB role correctly? You are our strong voice rather than an old broken phone.

"The CAB has early access to upcoming features and meets with staff to brainstorm and speak for the community. The goal is to ensure the community has a strong voice about the future of Topcoder."
Re: Expectations from CAB Members (response to post by hi4sandy) | Reply
Thank you for bringing that up.

This is something we CANNOT do. As in, we can only inform topcoder that DR in either its past form or a new form is being requested for by the community.

It is still topcoder's decision whether to bring it back or not. We, on our part, will let them know about it.

That is one expectation that I wanted to make sure the community understands and how CAB plays a role in that decision.
Help in bringing back DR or other such bonus programs!! It's one of the main point I considered before voting for CAB.
Re: Expectations from CAB Members (response to post by alegro) | Reply
@alegro Noted. We will make sure that concerns of the participants in Marathon Match track are also communicated to topcoder.

@wleite: Thanks. I feel you will be able to communicate better with scott_wu than anybody else on the current CAB but feel free to get in touch with any feedback you have.

@Others Is there anything else expected of us?
Re: Expectations from CAB Members (response to post by alegro) | Reply
I agree that there is no Marathon member in the new team, but the website problems and inconvenients seem to affect more tracks and have been widely discussed.

About the Marathon participation level, in the last 2 years or so, I see good moves from Topcoder, like fun matches return, more sponsored matches, introduction of result submission format and the great addition of an experienced member as admin ([Jaco]).

Despite of all these actions, we still have too few competitors in most of the matches. I would say that an important part for many people was the discussions after the match, checking other solutions, etc. Due to new website, people spend less time here and many eventually gave up. Also new potential competitors found it confuse and most of them don't go further enough to learn about MM...

I will follow your suggestion and start a thread in MM forum so we can give ideas of practical actions that can help improving the track.
Re: Expectations from CAB Members (response to post by wleite) | Reply
I think the CABbies are not aware about the issue (they have never competed in a MM) and likely do not know how to change something in the MM track. Very likely the admins are disagree with you (things are going fine for them). IMHO you may start a discussion in the MM forum section, describe/analyze the problem (and receive confirmation from the admins side) and suggest improvements.
Sorry, double post.
Good luck to new CAB members!

As a long time member, focused in Marathon track, my main concerns are about Topcoder website and the participation level in recent competitions.

I hope we can bring back inactive members and newcomers, to increase again the level of interest, fun and competition.
Expectations from CAB Members | Reply
Hello Community,

I would like to know what are your expectations from us, the CAB members. I want to make sure that we are setting realistic expectations with the community so as to make you aware what we can and cannot do.
<< PREV    [ 1 2 ]

RSS