JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Tokyo Event is July 18! | Reply
We are excited to announce our Tokyo Regional TCO15 event is July 18! Learn more about the event and register here.

Join us and meet t-mac, [[iwi]], and rng_58!

The event will host a Hackathon, TCO15 Algorithm Competition Round 2C, and more! Join the Facebook Event Page as well to help find teammates for the hackathon.
Re: Tokyo Event is July 18! (response to post by jmpld40) | Reply
I've received a mail saying the event will be held in Japanese language only.
However I did not find any information about Japanese language in eventbrite page, TCO main page, and facebook page. Am I missing something?

I thought the regional is an international event because TopCoder members are from all around the world. I know some other people who have bought flight ticket to Tokyo for the regional event.
Hey,

I've just got a mail from everbrite that TCO R2C onsite would be held only with Japanese.
The thing is that we(xhae, kcm1700, kriii) are Korean, and we already booked everything to participate in R2C and Hackathon.
Since every announcement before this mail was made with both English and Japanese, we really didn't expect this happening.
I'm not sure what kind of events are prepared on R2C and so the language problem would be critical or not. But in case we need some help on understanding what's going on, can you help us(and some more foreign participants, possibly) to join the event? :)
Re: Tokyo Event is July 18! (response to post by kcm1700) | Reply
Hi there,

You both are correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There will be a lot of Japanese at the event of course but we will have some English speaking staff members there as well. Those members not fluent in Japanese we will work with for the Hackathon and the SRM will be in English as per usual.
Got it. Thanks! :)
I have tried to register Hackathon but it seems not working.
Re: Tokyo Event is July 18! (response to post by rezaqt) | Reply
Hi rezaqt!

Sorry you are having this issue. Can you tell me exactly what part is not working? I have just created a fake team name to test the registration and it seems to be working.

Glad to help you walk through this!
Re: Tokyo Event is July 18! (response to post by nick.castillo) | Reply
Sorry for late reply, it was worked.
RSS