JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Try this DEMO! The new leaderboards! | Reply
Howdy members!

We've been in the lab working hard to bring you a demo of the new leaderboards! Our goal is for the leaderboard to show off you member base and add another element of competition to your experience. Bear in mind that this is an early version, so please share all your thoughts on what you like and dislike. Also, responding to these questions will really help us with creating a feature you'll love to use.

1. What's your opinion on a topcoder leaderboard and why?
2. What do you think of this leaderboard and why?

Thanks for your thoughts and responses, they help us make topcoder better.
Re: Try this DEMO! The new leaderboards! (response to post by nlouie) | Reply
I dislike the fact that most information is wrong. I am sure Petr has more than 9 wins and his rating is higher than 1417. Then if I hover his photo I see that he has 88 first places, 60 2nd places and 26 third places for a total of 86?!

In the details page, searching and 'show my position' do not do anything.
I like the idea and the overall style of the new leaderboard, but the content is inaccurate (or at least outdated?) for Development tracks.
Re: Try this DEMO! The new leaderboards! (response to post by albertwang) | Reply
Besides, please honor member's privacy settings for "Total Earnings", many members do not like it to be visible publicly.
Re: Try this DEMO! The new leaderboards! (response to post by albertwang) | Reply
Thanks for the feedback jthread and albertwang. I forgot to mention but this is fake data, purely a placeholder to visualize the leaderboard.

Our current plan is to rank members purely on 1st place wins, so the leaderboard you see will be changed slightly. Also this isn't hooked up to any database like I said so "Show My Position" and "Search" are both not available, and won't be for the first version of the leaderboard.

The earnings is also an excellent point, we will make sure to include that.

Overall, what do you think about topcoder having a unifying leaderboard and why? Thanks.
superb !!!
I really love the look and feel
Looks nice & clean.
- How about using loading animation effect, as it takes a few seconds to load the breadboard content initially or while switching tabs.
- How about making leaderboard table header stick to top as we scrolldown the leaderboard page.
What does "total points" mean? It's the sum of the points over all the SRMs the contestant has participated?
Looks great. I think the date graph could be improved - it takes up a lot of room but only shows 4 months at a time. The picklist is annual, so if you wanted to see a continuum of someone's winnings over time you'd have to do a ton of clicks to choose years and then scroll horizontally within the years.

Since I doubt you need the granularity of individual days in the graph, or even weeks, I suggest you show one data point for each month, so a whole year fits easily in one row, and you could show 5-10 years worth of rows - a ton of data visible at once with no scrolling. Perhaps hovering or clicking on a month shows detailed daily info is someone really wants to see it.
I wonder what happened to this demo. or is it already somewhere deep in the website that I have missed it :)
RSS