JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >
SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! | Reply
Prizes for competitors onsite and online!

Read more here:
http://community.topcoder.com/tco13/overview/api-hackathon/

Questions?
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by jmpld40) | Reply
1) What is the timeline?
2) How can remote competitors compete? (well, hard to imagine how they will remotely turn the wheel :) )
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by faeton) | Reply
You'll have the same timeline as onsite competitors - Sunday, Nov 10 - Wed, Nov 13

More details on how to compete to come and yes we will have an online wheel to spin!
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by faeton) | Reply
2) We will have a virtual wheel built through TopCoder Studio for you to spin. It is going to be more of an innovation challenge so results will be built on building a cool app.
The remote challenge is already posted at Cloudspokes. The wheel will be up later.
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by mess) | Reply
No team work allowed for this ? Not all of us are good in coding or UI but we can have some good ideas to implement =)
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by mess) | Reply
> All remote participants will be paid via CloudSpokes account and will be processed on their normal payment cycle.

Does this mean TC members will need to create a CS account to be able to participate remotely?
Re: Thread "SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13!" in category "News Discussions" has been updated by sah2ed (response to post by sah2ed) | Reply
TC Members will be paid through TC process unless they have been merged by
TCO
Re: Thread (response to post by mess) | Reply
Is it possible to know the list of APIs or at least get some information about what is possible to be selected randomly for them?
Re: Thread "SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13!" in category "News Discussions" has been updated by faeton (response to post by faeton) | Reply
We will probably announce them as we get closer to the date, but they
haven't been finalized yet.
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by elkhawajah) | Reply
> No team work allowed for this ? Not all of us are good in coding or UI but we can have some good ideas to implement =)

I really love the idea of working as a team for this :)
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by albertwang) | Reply
At the current time it is slated as an individual competition.
With not much luck, What if someone gets API's to which there are no awesome use cases.

It would be nice, If judging can consider the best app that can be built with the given 3 APIs than compare with all the apps.
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by supercharger) | Reply
Is there any restriction about the app ?
e.g. it has to be a desktop app , a cross platform app.
Re: SuperAwesome Cloud API Mashathon at TCO13! (response to post by LieutenantRoger) | Reply
I have a question regarding prizes for onsite participants. In the rules it states:

* $200 for every CloudSpokes Member not in the top 4

I'm confused with TC and CS merging - should I register with CS now to be eligible for that prize?
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >

RSS