JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Microsoft Internship(India) | Reply
It seems like we will be having internship tests from Microsoft within the next month(in India.)So can anyone please tell me what to prepare for getting an intern. Any mention of sites and books would be greatly helpful to me.

Regards-
Re: Microsoft Internship(India) (response to post by skulldude) | Reply
This would be my advice for (Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and many other companies [all India]) internship:

To clear the first round, you will need a decent GPA.
After that, I believe all you need is the skill to be able to solve Div2 500s quickly. And they also have a liking for good coding style, so make sure to look at others' code. So start solving Div2 problem sets.
Re: Microsoft Internship(India) (response to post by venkateshb) | Reply
Thanks for your suggestions. Well, will they be asking about DataStructure specific algorithms like
1)finding the ancestor of the given two nodes
2)detecting a loop in the linked list
3) writing inorder traversal without using recursion and things like that?

Regards-
Re: Microsoft Internship(India) (response to post by skulldude) | Reply
Yes, Data structures questions will be there. All the questions you asked are quite standard ones, which you can find both the set of questions and their solutions within minutes of googling. You can probably finish looking at them in a couple of days.

But these are not the ones which will fetch you the job; Your ability to think and answer new questions on the spot is the main thing, for which Topcoder will help you a lot.
Re: Microsoft Internship(India) (response to post by venkateshb) | Reply
RSS