JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]    NEXT >
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by sohelH) | Reply
This is now fixed. If you go back to the registration page at to http://www.facebook.com/hackercup/reg.php you can update your information.
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by FB_David) | Reply
"Last Name" looks editable, but isn't in the sense that changes to it don't get saved.
Will there be limits in the task descriptions? I think it is a little bit unusal, that you do not have any limits descriptions at the puzzles page(or did I miss something?).
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by philolo1) | Reply
There will be limits in the problem statements. While we encourage you to solve the puzzles at http://www.facebook.com/careers/puzzles.php, they are unrelated to this contest.
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by MauricioC) | Reply
We'll fix this. Thanks!
Can you update the "old" puzzles to the new platform some time after the Hacker Cup ends?
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by MauricioC) | Reply
Good idea. Maybe we'll do that for the next hackathon. =)
Hi David,

Can you please tell me why you have three online rounds 1 and they are all at the same day and almost at the same time?

There may be people (like me) who can't participate at that day and time, it would be better to have them separated by at least one day...
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by ltaravilse) | Reply
That was a mistake. We've updated the terms (http://www.facebook.com/hackercup/terms.php) to correct it. The relevant part is:

The first sub-round will start January 15, 2011 at 15:00 UTC (7:00 AM PST) and end January 15, 2011 at 18:00 UTC (10:00 AM PST). The second sub-round will start January 15, 2011 at 21:00 UTC (1:00 PM PST) and end January 16, 2011 at 0:00 UTC (January 15, 2011 - 4:00 PM PST). The third sub-round will start January 16, 2011 at 21:00 UTC (1:00 PM PST) and end January 17, 2011 at 0:00 UTC (January 16, 2011 - 4:00 PM PST).

Thanks!
"Online Round 2 will begin on January 22, 2011 at 15:00 UTC (7:00 AM PT) and will end on January 22, 2011 at 18:00 UTC (10:00 AM PT)."

This overlaps the SRM from that day?
Re: Facebook Hacker Cup (response to post by dobavictor) | Reply
Considering there's only one Hacker's Cup and lots of SRMs I think TopCoder should change their dates...
I'm afraid so. =(
I thought it is common practice to check the times of other competitions beforehand, and respect them.

TopCoder SRM schedule was updated through June 2011 on November 12, 2010. Was Facebook Hacker Cup schedule finalized before that date? If not, why didn't you take TopCoder schedule into account? From the way the rules look, it looks like you did know there are TopCoder, GCJ and some other programming contest sites out there.
Real TopCoders participate in both contests.
I don't understand why so much negative feedback about this. It is unfortunate that two competitions happen at the same time, but I have to miss SRMs all the time anyway because they happen while I have to do something else. It would be a problem if you had to choose between two big tournaments, but an SRM is not that important, and I think it is better to make sure that the contest platform is working correctly and the problems are interesting, correctly specified, and well tested, rather than making sure that the event does not collide with anything.
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]    NEXT >

RSS