JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Check it out! | Reply
If you don't go to the TopCoder homepage often, check it out. We've got a whole new look, feel, and attitude! So click around and let us know what you think.

Thanks to all the TopCoder members and staff who helped us get this new look!
Re: Check it out! (response to post by jmpld40) | Reply
Now it is even harder to get to algorithms. And that's what got you that number you posted there. Which is totally irrelevant but, if that works for you, go for it.

I highly doubt that people frequenting this forum have topcoder.com bookmarked (as opposed to topcoder.com/tc)

(clicking on TopCoder logo gets me nowhere, FF 3.6.8 on Ubuntu, if that's what you meant by "click around")

[EDIT] I see, 'Develop' is what I "wanted" to click. If I were looking for a fun, problem solving site, I would never get past that page.
Re: Check it out! (response to post by darko_aleksic) | Reply
You should keep in mind, these new pages (topcoder.com and the /home/ directory) are geared toward our clients. The member pages (/tc and studio) will be coming.
What do the red dots mean in the global map? Do these indicate countries where there are TC members?
Re: Check it out! (response to post by pinoydream) | Reply
Yes. In the next release, the map will be interactive and you'll be able to see members in each country and drill all the way down to a member profile.
Re: Check it out! (response to post by silvasurfas) | Reply
wow that will be very cool! great idea :)
Great changes. There are a lot of informative pages for clients now. Good move!
Re: Check it out! (response to post by silvasurfas) | Reply
The question was interesting for me, too. As I'm from Russia myself, the most intriguing red dot on the map for me is the one in the middle of absolutely inhabitable Siberian taiga.

Maybe it's more understandable to place dots somewhere near big cities that could have TC members for real? Moscow, Sankt-Petersburg, Novosibirsk?
Re: Check it out! (response to post by alecn2002) | Reply
This was just a generalization. We will be updating it for more accuracy!
RSS