JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]    NEXT >
Re: Cookbook update (new prizes!) (response to post by Nickolas) | Reply
about the backtracking recipe , do you mean talking about the chronological backtracking and the dependency-directed backtracking ?
Introducing prizes was a great idea - the interest and turnout has increased substantially!
I see more than 12 accepted on the list.
Does it mean that there are no TC t-shirts left?
Re: Cookbook update (new prizes!) (response to post by T.Issam) | Reply
If you check the actual recipes, you'll see that most of the accepted recipes are done by the same people, and t-shirts are awarded per person, not per recipe. I'll post the list of t-shirt winners soon and will be updating it as well as the list of recipes statuses.
first off, thanks for your quick reply.

However, I think I missed something since on the list you posted names of authors are only shown for the "started" sections and not for the "accepted".

I thought I would find them here: http://forums.topcoder.com/?module=ThreadList&forumID=534587 but I found only the new posts.
Re: Cookbook update (new prizes!) (response to post by melegy) | Reply
The one that is doing a brute-force depth-first search of every possibility, and when you hit the dead end, you backtrack to the last state whose children states you haven't exhausted.
I didn't show authors of "accepted" recipes, since 1) some of them are written by several people, so they don't affect t-shirts, and 2) they all can be found in Cookbook forums - Algo New Recipes, Algo Rewriting Phase and same pair for Marathon.
Thanks Nickolas for the explanations and for adding the names to accepted sections.
Hello,

Even though maybe it is a dummy question. If a recipe has been already accepted can I submit my version of it?

Maybe there are another point of view or approach for the same issue.

Regards,

Devwebcl
Re: Cookbook update (new prizes!) (response to post by devwebcl) | Reply
You can try, but note that to be included in the final book, it will probably have to be mixed with another one. Which recipe is it?
It is : "Iterating Over All Permutations of an Array", I can see two names there already.
If you mean "Using next_permutation() (C++)" by quimey and "Iterating Over All Permutations of an Array" by Ferlon, the first one is Round 1 draft, and the second one is its rewrite. I wonder what can you add to it :-)
Regarding the permutations Recipe, the issue is that I have a couple ideas (based on research) of the permutations because depending of the taxonomy of the problem, different algorithm to get all the permutation would be better or faster.

Even using the next_permutation may be not the first solution when using permutations in C++

I know if already there are two recipes, mine would be worthless for the editors.

Devwebcl
An algorithm for generating all permutations with time complexity better than O(n!*n) or at least with better constant than while using next_permutation function? Wikipedia doesn't know anything about this, so it's quite amazing. I suppose you could just leave a comment to my recipe with this algorithm's description, and if it is really correct, it will be counted as your nonzero contribution.
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]    NEXT >

RSS