JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Any advices for a phone interview with FB. | Reply
Of course i mean like general advice. I don't mean to ask you to break any agreement to tell me the qns you were asked.

Thanks !
Re: Any advices for a phone interview with FB. (response to post by rizwanhudda) | Reply
Be prepared to... code!

After a few background questions I was asked to write some code, without much time to think and the interviewers didn't even asked me what I was doing until I had finished. I thought they would be interested in 'how' do I get a solution, but it wasn't the case.

Small typing errors are ok, they will not compile your code.

Good luck!
Re: Any advices for a phone interview with FB. (response to post by spagiarri) | Reply
Thanks for your advice.
Re: Any advices for a phone interview with FB. (response to post by spagiarri) | Reply
So after you are finished with writing the code, how do you report it to the interviewer? Do you read it out-loud?
Re: Any advices for a phone interview with FB. (response to post by sohelH) | Reply
I was writing the code in a page similar to a Google doc, so the interviewer was able to see the code in real time.
During my phone interview I thought they wanted to see how I think, rather than my ability to write code. I spent too much time explaining my solution and so ran out of time to actually complete it correctly. This was a big mistake, please don't repeat it.
Re: Any advices for a phone interview with FB. (response to post by rizwanhudda) | Reply
Don't forget to set your Facebook status to:

<Your name> is being interviewed for a job at Facebook.
By now, probably you must have had even got your offer already :) .. but just to add two cents from my experience ...

..while you write down the code on the real time code sharing page... dont stick to just the speed and BigO as you do on SRM, choose your data structures and coding conventions with a pinch of best practices ..
RSS