JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? | Reply
I was thinking the other day about how TC's model is both very cool, but also quite strange.

In normal life, a company might invite suppliers to bid for some work they want doing... suppliers submit a portfolio and a bid and the company decides who to give the work to.
Imagine instead the company requires all suppliers to actually do all the work, and then picks a winner and only pays them.

I find it hard to see many people finding that attractive, but on TC everyone takes it for granted - someone might invest a solid week of work in a component/architecture contest or a Studio design and get nothing back.

Would it work if people used a similar method for the kind of small projects posted on RentaCoder? I can't imagine it, but then maybe people said the same about TC when it started?
Subject Author Date
Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? d000hg Jul 17, 2009 at 5:36 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? kurtrips Jul 17, 2009 at 7:21 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? d000hg Jul 17, 2009 at 7:44 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? kurtrips Jul 17, 2009 at 9:41 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? mohamede1945 Aug 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? vikasrohit Sep 16, 2009 at 12:51 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? mohamede1945 Sep 16, 2009 at 6:40 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? rajwirock Sep 16, 2009 at 6:23 PM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? vikasrohit Sep 17, 2009 at 5:05 AM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? mohamede1945 Sep 17, 2009 at 12:17 PM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? vikasrohit Sep 19, 2009 at 9:55 PM EDT
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? dmytry Nov 24, 2009 at 11:26 AM EST
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? AjJi Nov 24, 2009 at 6:26 PM EST
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? dmytry Nov 25, 2009 at 6:16 AM EST
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? Orange_Cloud Nov 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM EST
Re: Do you think you could use competition outside TC to get work done? dmytry Nov 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM EST
RSS