JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >
Div-II will not be rated | Reply
After discussion on the situation with DII-Medium problem, we didn't find any ways to resolve this in a way that is fair for everybody and therefore decided to make the match not-rated for Div-II participants.

We bring our apologies for this situation. Unfortunately, nobody of us is secured against mistakes, however, we really try hard and do our best to avoid such situations and make all our statements as precise and clear as possible.
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by mystic_tc) | Reply
How will the consecutive matches statistic be handled for Div II coders?

It seems to me that if a match is rated for one division but not another, the consecutive matches data should still be treated the same for both divisions. Otherwise, you would be giving the coders in the rated division an opportunity to gain additional consecutive matches and potentially move ahead of coders in the non rated division, which seems unfair since the Div II coder did participate in the match. I'd make the same argument if Div II was rated but Div I was not.

I bring this up because there have been issues with this statistic in the past when we've had matches that were rated for one division but not another.
It was +96 for me today. But I would say that you have taken a fair decision in the end.
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by dcp) | Reply
this had happened earlier with me when SRM was unrated. SRM was considered in my statistics and the graph but rating was unchanged, that's it. Even then I had a rise of +90s, same now :P I have a habit of performing well in unrated SRMs.
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by nitdgp) | Reply
+121 for me, first time 1th in the room, first time so high in division (17th), so it looks i must work harder to make it happen in non dispute match :)
It was +106 for me and my first successful 500. Anyways it is topcoder which has helped me in learn a lot of things,i'll take the decision.
mystic_tc : But will the statistics stay? Such as, the 'number of problems successfully solved'..etc?
SRM was considered in my statistics and the graph but rating was unchanged

I don't get it!! It was considered in the graph?
Great job on the SRM and sorry to hear you won't be getting the rating boost :)

However, if I'm not mistaken, the unrated matches don't go into your statistics. For example, you can have a look here:
http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=AlgoCompetitionHistory&sc=&sd=&sr=51&er=100&cr=21684580

You'll notice that there are no entries for SRMs 362, 369 and 377, which were all unrated (some just for Div II, and some for both divisions) if I remember correctly. There also are no data points for those matches on my rating graph.

What's weird though is that even though TheFaxman said that for 361 Division 2 will not be rated / will not count towards statistics I see 361 in my graph and match history.

[EDIT] Correction: 361 is on my match history but NOT on my graph. Not sure what that means exactly.

[EDIT] Correction again (thanks darko), SRMs 362 and 369 are at the end of the match history, not sequential.
sad...
not personally but how was such a thing overlooked(by testers/setters). i wonder what would've happened if no clarification was issued. i guess nothing like this.
I dont see 361 in your graph!!
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by samshu) | Reply
These matches are not counted in the stats.
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by pt1989) | Reply
If the clarification hadn't been issued:

a) more people would have failed the 500.
b) there would have been a lot of "WTH?" after the systest.
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by LeppyR64) | Reply
Whenever we see the statement is not clear or misinterpreted by many contestants, we issue a clarification.
Re: Div-II will not be rated (response to post by OlexiyO) | Reply
These matches are not counted in the stats.

Hi OlexiyO, can you please clarify if this statement includes consecutive matches or how exactly that's going to be handled? Thanks.
samshu pointed the fact that this already happened to you some 60 SRMs ago. And, they (SRMs 362 and 369) are actually in your stats, you just have to go all the way to the end.
[ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >

RSS