JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Various | Reply
Hi there! I have a few items:

(1) I was having some problems with the C++ tester on the 500 pointer in the C++ contest (weird results that looked like segfaults). When I tried to go to practice room 1 today to investigate this more fully I was getting the result "Test Error" even for a simple function that just returned the input string.

(2) History for a coder in the status window from the contest applet shows only 1 line of the test input/resulting output, meaning that it is hard for big inputs to figure out what went wrong, before results are finalized and the more comprehensive history is posted on the website.

(3) For large test case examples (such as today's 1000-pointer) it is not reasonable to ask people to type them in by hand (hard to get exactly correct, especially with variable-width font, and quite time-consuming). Some mechanism for automatic entry should be provided.

(4) The excess in rating system volatility needs to be addressed. Is there an ETA on ratings patch?

(5) Finally, I was curious as to what QA procedures for problems have been put in place, since there still seem to be inconsistencies in problem statements/ bugs in official solutions which are arising during the contests.

Thanks - Dave

Subject Author Date
Various dpecora Jul 31, 2001 at 12:02 AM EDT
Re: Various Psion Jul 31, 2001 at 6:36 AM EDT
Re: Various alexcchan Jul 31, 2001 at 8:33 AM EDT
Re: Various Psion Jul 31, 2001 at 8:35 AM EDT
Re: Various alexcchan Jul 31, 2001 at 3:53 PM EDT
Re: Various dpecora Aug 5, 2001 at 8:04 PM EDT
RSS