JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Personal information | Reply
The following is an excerpt from here:
Only send essential personal information and be sure to include your name and how to contact you in the resume, not just your cover letter. Include your email, phone, and residence address. Do NOT include your gender, date of birth, age, family status, or personal identification numbers.

I wonder what's the deal with gender, DOB and age? I've seen this for the first time. Is it something standard or just something specific to google?

Also, it's nice to see TC's mention here
Re: Personal information (response to post by kurtrips) | Reply
Companies have to protect themselves against discrimination or threats of preferential treatment, so if your DOB, age, gender, race, hair color, body type, or whatever is on your resume and you aren't hired, there could be a lawsuit. None of that should matter anyway.
Re: Personal information (response to post by kurtrips) | Reply
Residence address eh? Will they look at your house with Google Street View and make their hiring choices based on that? It seems to me that mailing address is what they really need, unless they are doing some kind of background investigation. </conspiracy_theory>
Re: Personal information (response to post by kclune) | Reply
This is also why some companies will actually _not_ Google/Facebook your name before interviewing, which is amusing..
Re: Personal information (response to post by Larry) | Reply
Checking out an applicant's MySpace/Facebook page should be banned anyway; it allows a company to discriminate against people who appear to be idiots.
Re: Personal information (response to post by Larry) | Reply
Tip: never ask your interviewer why they googled your name, they will maybe think that you are paranoid (which is maybe true in my case :)
Re: Personal information (response to post by amiune) | Reply
If you apply to Google, you could discuss which site comes up on top when you search for your name, and why.
Re: Personal information (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
It is my TopCoder profile for me :)

http://www.google.com/search?q=prunthaban
RSS