JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Job-A serious note | Reply
I want a reply from all my friends over here----------What are their dream IT company and WHY?
Can reply Your Good or Bad Experience about job to me nupurjuhi@gmail.com need it.
Re: Job-A serious note (response to post by nupurjuhi) | Reply
If you want to have a discussion on the forum about dream jobs that would be fun. But I don't think people have time to email you about their past jobs... and it's not very professional to post bad things about employers on these forums either.
Are you asking us to spam you ? ;)

I guess you may want to know about the kind of work in some specific company(ies), the work culture and their interview process rather than knowing things about each and every company on the globe.
Re: Job-A serious note (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
dream jobs, huh? does this count?
Re: Job-A serious note (response to post by obellik) | Reply
Sorry,I didnt mean to share bad things at any company .I am new to this experiance and going through campus procedure just for this was curious to know some different and real notes.

THAT's IT
I think I would be unlikely to find a company to pay me to write the software I want to write so I do it in my own time.

My dream job would be at one of the big investment banks. I am fascinated with the internal processes within such organisations plus they pay well and technologists can directly contribute to the competitiveness of the company.

I aim to make the move at the end of the year after my second child is born.
Re: Job-A serious note (response to post by Stroker_Ace) | Reply
What do you write in your own time?

I think my dream job would be not to be tied down to a single project or type of work for a long time. That's why what I'm doing now is probably quite close to my dream job - I get to use many different technologies in different fields of software at the same time.
I'm writing a remake of a favourite Commodore 64 game in Java.

Why?

1. Because I always wanted to.

2. Practice/learn OO design and event driven multi threaded programming.
Very cool. I would make games in my spare time, but I don't seem to have very much spare time...

Do you know about www.gamedev.net?
Yep, very helpful however there is not a particularly active Java sub community.
Curious: what's your favorite C64 game?
Re: Job-A serious note (response to post by jmzero) | Reply
Too many to chose from:

Elite
Pirates!
Impossible Mission
Wizball
Blue Max
Thrust

I am working on a reworking of Thrust but am only in the design/research stage at the moment.
Heh, I re-implemented a fun PET game ("Outpost") in Python just for fun.
Impossible mission, yay!

It's very very far from finished, but http://eraserhead.net/im/

(I found it after not seeing it for years. I've decided to redo it now using OpenGL.)
For some reason, whenever I read "Impossible Mission", I read it as Improbable Mission.

I must stop watching so much late night television.
RSS