JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >
Re: Google (response to post by UWFhollaback) | Reply
You can access the Google's homepage, and seek some opening job positions all over the world, then send your resume.
Re: Google (response to post by broutcha) | Reply
If you could choose between an internship at google or microsoft, what would you choose?

I don't know which one i shall try...
Re: Google (response to post by mogers) | Reply
Do not be tempted by the power of the dark side for there is no turning back.
Re: Google (response to post by Rustyoldman) | Reply
Yeah, I agree. Stay away from Google at all costs.
Re: Google (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
I thought that Microsoft was the "dark side" :x

Would you care to elaborate?

Btw, i have no idea if any of those 2 would accept me for an internship.
Re: Google (response to post by Rustyoldman) | Reply
Actually, given the incentive structure for successful referrals, I'll happily submit anybody's resume.
Re: Google (response to post by rrenaud) | Reply
So they don't penalize you for bad referrals? Sweet! I'd suggest just referring all TopCoders to them :)
Re: Google (response to post by connect4) | Reply
Why don't they use Google to find prospective employees?
Re: Google (response to post by gsais) | Reply
If I get to work on a cool project that I *enjoyed* working on during an internship, I would most likely want to go back. Unfortunately this has not happened yet through my past 5 internships.
Re: Google (response to post by bugzpodder) | Reply
Wow! 5 Internships? What are the companies?

I tend to agree with gsais on most of the points. For me the first thing I value is the transparency and fun (a not so formal work place). Then comes peers who share my passion! There are people around me with whom I can start a conversation on the last SRM problem I solved, etc. It is cool.

For the interesting project part, I think only research projects can be more interesting to me than contest problems. But still I enjoy the work I do more than any other 'work' :)
Re: Google (response to post by bugzpodder) | Reply
I visited Google's offices in Belo Horizonte (Brazil) for the CodeJam 2007, and there were some presentations about their projects (not only those they do there, some of the Googlers were from the US too), how they work, etc. I remember that I signed a NDA but I guess there's nothing wrong if I say the presentations I attended (some overlapped) were definitely about cool projects to work on (the fact that I still *clearly* remember the presentations is a good sign by itself). So maybe they don't assign the cool projects to internships or maybe your taste for cool projects is different than mine.
Re: Google (response to post by gsais) | Reply
I too remember, the presentations even the one in which I was asleep 50% of the time, was really cool, how complicated can things get...
Re: Google (response to post by prunthaban) | Reply
   a not so formal work place
I believe that the place where you work is more of a formal work place ?
Re: Google (response to post by sb99) | Reply
I think you are referring to my previous company :)
Re: Google (response to post by prunthaban) | Reply
Yes, I just figured that out from your recent blog. Congratulations !
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >

RSS