JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >
Google | Reply
Is it possible for anyone to pass along a resume to get into Google? :)
Re: Google (response to post by UWFhollaback) | Reply
no but you can get a description of req. type at its job forum
I am sure it is quite possible, but unlikely to happen unless you already know someone there. Have you applied through the normal channels?
I personally got there by submitting my resume to:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/
Re: Google (response to post by broutcha) | Reply
can u plz share the experiance.
like wat were the rounds and wat was the level of question .
Re: Google (response to post by nupurjuhi) | Reply
Try searching for "google interview experiences".
Re: Google (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
Why everyone is so thrilled about google? I've never seen questions about working in IBM or Sun, but google is here, google is there, google is everywhere! Hope someone can explain me difference :)
Re: Google (response to post by Orange_Cloud) | Reply
They pay you a lot of money and pay for expensive chefs to cook for you and other cool things.
Re: Google (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
I maybe wrong on this, but I always thought that the work-for-Google frenzy was all about the awesome working environment, on rather cool projects and with peers that shared one's passion for computers. As far as I know, it has little relation with them "paying lots of money" - though I'm not sure as I don't work there (just saying what I've heard)
I guess that at least some people are like me, and don't want to work for Google because of the money or the perks...
...but because it's a company that's making really awesome products and where you could have an impact on millions (if not billions) of users.

Also, the fact that using Google products is free lets you tell your friends/family/etc: "hey, I work on this, have a look and tell me what you think!

That's what motivated me, and the other benefits were just a bonus I was happy to get once I got there :-)
Re: Google (response to post by gsais) | Reply
There's tons of companies where everyone really likes programming. I've never worked anywhere not like that. But yes I meant to highlight the culture as being a big factor... though the fact they pay well also makes them attractive.

Isn't Google doing exactly what MS used to be famous for in the way they try and give you a whole life rather than just a job...
Re: Google (response to post by broutcha) | Reply
After some thinking, I agree. It must be good to know you are doing something for ALL people.

BTW, once you are there, may I use it to submit feature request?
[edit]
Sorry, it's more on browser's side, not on developer's.
Easy to fix in Firefox: http://lifehacker.com/software/firefox-tip/paste-multiple-lines-to-input-boxes-266870.php
Re: Google (response to post by otinn) | Reply
Thanks, it works.
Re: Google (response to post by otinn) | Reply
Thanks!!! I always thought it was just an irritating bug or "feature", so, never even occurred to me there might be a workaround.

(Also thanks to Orange_Cloud for asking!).
[ 1 2 3 ]    NEXT >

RSS