JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Analytics/Statistician position available | Reply
We are looking for a math whiz to work for TopCoder to help us track, analyze, and give recommendations about all of TopCoder's processes. This person would need to be able to create mathematical models to evaluate data trends, and give presentations and suggestions to the executive team. If you are interested in this position, please email kclune@topcoder.com. Thank you.
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by kclune) | Reply
Math whiz? wow, the bar is set pretty high. I'm sorry if I'm suppose to ask this by email but can you kindly be more specific on this math whiz requirement?

The second thing is, when you say process, is it process as in:
1. all business process in it's relation to topcoder's website traffic? For example like prospects' page visit history and it's eventual decision, time spent on different phase of internal collaboration and it's result, topcoder's competitor refresh obsession and it's employability via topcoder :-), etc.?
2. all business process regardless whether using the website or not?
3. or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by amitz.sekali) | Reply
We are looking for someone to dive into the numbers and help analyze all the processes at TopCoder. You will be responsible for looking at the rating algorithms across all of our competitions and creating ratings for new competitions. Analyze all of our historic data on component competitions to determine new strategies to improve fulfillment of competitions.
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by kclune) | Reply
Is there any other criteria that must be met?
E.g. US Citizen / able to work in the US?
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by sql_lall) | Reply
We would like this person to be US based, but there is the possibility that we would hire someone not US based.
Is this a full time position? a temp position for a fixed time period? or perhaps a contract for a fixed amount of work? How much time at TCHQ is required?
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by Rustyoldman) | Reply
It would be a full time position, and there would probably be a trip or two a month to TCHQ.
When you say full-time, how long do you expect this contract to last... weeks or months or longer?
Can you suggest the kind of salary/rate TC are looking at here?
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
It will be a full time permanent position so you'd be an employee of the company until you quit, die, or get fired. Salary is fairly negotiable to a point of course.
I'd never have thought there was enough to do for it to be long term... will the person chosen end up doing other things?
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
Yeah, it's hard to imagine, but it will be an on going position and project. We have a ton of processes that we want statistical analysis on and recommendations for. It will be a challenge. And if the work does come to an end at some point, there will be other opportunities within the company, but that will be way down the road I think.
When you say full-time, how long do you expect this contract to last... weeks or months or longer?
It will be a full time permanent position so you'd be an employee of the company until you quit, die, or get fired.

It must be very funny if this conversation is held while facing each other while each maintaining a straight face.
Re: Analytics/Statistician position available (response to post by amitz.sekali) | Reply
This position is going to last for a very long time. Years.
That's a good one :-). It took an hour for the sudden realization to hit me.
RSS