JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
How to really research a prospective employer via internet? | Reply
Topcoders,

I'd like to know some methods, tips, tricks to research a (usually non-public) company in term of their capacity to be an employer, in many countries. Preferably methods doable using internet, legal, and ethical.

As for me, the things I search in internet that are relatively region independent:
a. Do they have a website? If they do, for how long do they register the domain? When is the start term of their domain registration? Under whose name is it registered, a company or a person. Is the contact information transparent? Is that person/company google-able?
b. Are they searchable from search engine? What kind of information available? Is the information approved by company officially? Do they manage their image in the internet? Do they manage it well?
c. Search social networking site. Find people who work there. Sample some of them. See whether many people only workplace is there or almost nobody currently works there or almost everybody currently works there, etc. See how often they update their profile. When do they update it? What are their typical profile?
d. See their blogs. From the blogs, do they love their work or resent it? Do they love their co-workers. How smart are they? How smart people who can become a manager? What kind of experience they're exposed to: new gadget, new travel, etc. which implies how much they made. How about the relatively lowly worker? do they have time to do other things besides work. Do they even have a blog?
e. How do they post job ads in internet? See spelling and grammar (especially if the ads language is different than native language) choice and mistakes. What kind of contact number do they put? Do they post job ads in internet?
f. See the link to all those things, see information about parties related to them. Their clients perhaps, or suppliers.

I particularly need some info like the basic information of all company incorporated in certain countries where ownership structure can be traced. Maybe their tax exemption or obligation which can implies their size, revenue, or choice of accounting method. Probably some complicances they must confirm with.

Thx in advance.
Subject Author Date
How to really research a prospective employer via internet? amitz.sekali Feb 21, 2008 at 4:14 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? amitz.sekali Feb 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? Poncholo Feb 26, 2008 at 12:03 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? Jumping John Feb 26, 2008 at 12:28 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? amitz.sekali Feb 26, 2008 at 6:43 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? Stroker_Ace Feb 26, 2008 at 7:48 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? amitz.sekali Feb 26, 2008 at 11:18 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? Jumping John Feb 26, 2008 at 7:54 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? amitz.sekali Feb 26, 2008 at 6:34 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? Jumping John Feb 26, 2008 at 7:42 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? Rustyoldman Feb 27, 2008 at 1:59 AM EST
Re: How to really research a prospective employer via internet? rgrig Feb 27, 2008 at 6:01 AM EST
RSS