JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (oldest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Re: Importance of a Master's Degree vs Bachelors?? (response to post by CBMcArthur) | Reply
What do you want to do?
How much education do you want?
What's the highest degree of education that will enable you to do what you want?
Will additional education help?

We can't tell you what will make you the happiest. But we can probably help determine how a master's degree or PhD will help your job prospects, salary, and career possibilities. However, it will vary depending on what you want to do.
Re: Importance of a Master's Degree vs Bachelors?? (response to post by CBMcArthur) | Reply
Stay in school as long as you can (and enjoy), there's plenty of time for work afterwards :-).
I'm not sure this is the right forum table to ask this question..
I guess the answer depends a lot on what you want to do afterwards. If you don't know yet, well you may as well try and get a Master's Degree, that's only 2 years :-)
The logic "I like studying, and I'm not sure what job I want, so let's be a student one more year" worked for me very well until the Master's degree. This even made me start a PhD, and althought I enjoyed it (at least the first 2 years), I wouldn't recommend to anyone to apply such a blind logic in starting a PhD.
At least, read http://www.phdcomics.com/ first :-)
And sorry for the off-topic
Importance of a Master's Degree vs Bachelors?? | Reply
Howdy All!

I'll be earning my Bachelor's degree in CS in May. In the last 6 months I've been getting an increasing amount of encouragement to go to graduate school and earn a Master's.

I figured I should start exploring this avenue to figure out what my path will be. So I figured I'd ask all of ya'll. I also hope to be attending a tech conference of professionals and students in a couple weeks and I'll ask around there given the opportunity.

Basically, I am unsure about doing so. Finances are a moderate concern, but there are several (or more) ways to alleviate that. I don't have any problems with being in school for another 2 years or so, I enjoy the learning.

I suppose the biggest question is how much importance there is on having a Master's degree and how much of a benefit it would be to have.
RSS