JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Low-bandwidth downloadable versions | Reply
I just linked in some low-bandwidth downloadable movie files on the webcast page for those of you asking for them.

I encoded them as WMV's (rather than our usual MOV) because they offer a pretty good quality:size ratio and the source I was working was WMV, so it was less painful encoding choice than other formats. Hopefully you guys are ok with WMV's. I've heard for Linux/OSX folks there can be a little trouble getting them to work, but in my experience VLC is a great player for both platforms and I believe it comes with WMV playback capabilities.
Re: Low-bandwidth downloadable versions (response to post by ntrefz) | Reply
I would like to share my experience regarding media players. In the recent past, I have used one or two media players but not satisfied with their results. I have tried a media player named PlayerXtreme and found the app very amazing. It has the capability to play approximately 40 formats without any conversion. You can also cast your favorite videos and live streaming on your television screens through its chromecast and airplay feature.It gives a Smooth playback HD 1080 and boosts volume up to three times the original sound without headphones. You can crop and save video clip of your choice while watching a movie or video. In my point of view, Player Xtreme is one of the best media players in both iOS and Android, try this app and turn your mobile phone into a mini theater.
RSS