JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >
Cool. | Reply
This is just the kind of article uneducated people like me need. Plus I found it easy to read and understand - thanks.
Re: Cool. (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
I enjoyed it as well - it's a solid piece of writing on a good subject.

Speaking of which, cpphamza and I are going to have to have some kind of MS Paint throwdown to see who can draw awesomer tree diagrams. Which is better, my kickin' yellow/brown color scheme (picked from the default MS Paint palette) and mis-aligned labels - or Mr. Cowboy's sweet curves and .jpg artifacting?

Which one of us is going to be recruited harder by the jealous hacks over at TopCoder Studio?
Re: Cool. (response to post by jmzero) | Reply
I enjoyed the whole black and red trees part, I just didn't hear of that before so this is the first truly educative (for me) tutorial in a while.

--
I don't like the green lines too much.
Re: Cool. (response to post by jmzero) | Reply
Clearly, my tree looks the sweetest.

btw, any guesses as to what I used to generate that?
Re: Cool. (response to post by NeverMore) | Reply
How about this matrix style image http://www.topcoder.com/stat?c=problem_statement&pm=6185&rd=9980 by Andrew_Lazarev
Re: Cool. (response to post by NeverMore) | Reply
Agh you made that one scary problem, it was one of the first though ones that I found and it was "pure evil" for me at that time...
Re: Cool. (response to post by vexorian) | Reply
Apologies. :-p
Re: Cool. (response to post by slex) | Reply
Nah, it has to have traffic light colours... MS Paint all the way =)

But yes, nice article. Though should "BST after adding node 3" be 4 instead?
Re: Cool. (response to post by sql_lall) | Reply
I prefer my trees (and graphs) generated.
I can't help but wonder if those (+)s are because people agree that the article was good, or because d000hg said "uneducated people like me".

Disclaimer: I'm only referring to the fact that d000hg seems to have generated quite the negative following, and not necessarily saying how I feel about that.
Re: Cool. (response to post by timmac) | Reply
I hadn't even considered that. Perhaps I should start every post with "I'm a moron". But then my post ratings might stop being one of the main talking points on TC, which amazingly they seem to be.
I didn't expect I'd get so many (+)s for noticing that, either ;)
The funny thing is that you have [-]s even in Software forums (where usually people do not vote for a post) :-).
I really enjoy the way other people reply to you, the way you word your posts, the way you appeal, the way people respond,etc You are a complete entertainer ;-)
Thanks all, glad to hear that.
Re: Cool. (response to post by sql_lall) | Reply
yep, u r right.
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >

RSS