JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings | Reply
I hope to see the ratings history and earnings history parts of the site working soon. If I'm navigating a site and I see a "This area is still under construction" message, then that sends me the message that the site is still incomplete. To me, focusing on adding C++ while some buttons on the original site still link to "under construction" tags is like focusing resources on adding new features to a product which doesn't satisfy original specifications yet.

And also, it'd be cool if there was a "ranking by earnings" on some kind of "TopCoder Top Coders Statistics" page. You could have the "Top Ratings" section (malpt, jonmac, etc), then a "Top Earners (this season)" section (i.e. "1. qubits, $102,000. 2. jonmac, $2,900. 3. Spam_vt, $2,500, etc), then maybe an "Top Earners (all time)" section. I think that (by money) is how golf does their rankings, good prospectives could see "wow, look how much money I'm missing out on", and this Top 10 section could give more credibility to the Top 10 system (especially for people who are looking at it and aren't familiar with the ratings system).

But that's just an idea for after ratings history and earnings history are implemented.
Subject Author Date
ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings skazzytl Jul 16, 2001 at 12:55 AM EDT
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings dpecora Jul 16, 2001 at 10:25 PM EDT
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings Pops Jul 17, 2001 at 9:38 AM EDT
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings Psion Jul 17, 2001 at 11:44 AM EDT
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings Logan Jul 23, 2001 at 2:18 PM EDT
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings freshStart Jul 23, 2001 at 1:29 PM EDT
RSS