JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (oldest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings (response to post by Psion) | Reply
Hey, I'm 2 for 3 on correct solution testers! (which is more correct than you! :P)
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings (response to post by skazzytl) | Reply
How about a chart/graph of our ratings over time? I would like to see how I'm doing compared to myself. I would like to see if I'm improving and making progress.
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings (response to post by Pops) | Reply
I'd like to see a "number of flawed sample implementations for submitted problem ideas" field added for logan!
Re: ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings (response to post by skazzytl) | Reply
Personally, I'd like to see alot more stats - avg score per round on each problem, high score per round, average rating, high rating, low rating, etc. That will give me a better grasp of how well any particular person is doing versus the rest of the community (I would think that would be a selling point to potential employers/sponsers) AND give each coder a better grasp of how they are doing in relation to everyone else.

Should be pretty simple stuff given that the underlying database is fairly well designed...
I like these ideas, and agree that the "not yet implemented" message is not one that I would like to see if this were my website.
ratings history, earnings history, ranking by earnings | Reply
I hope to see the ratings history and earnings history parts of the site working soon. If I'm navigating a site and I see a "This area is still under construction" message, then that sends me the message that the site is still incomplete. To me, focusing on adding C++ while some buttons on the original site still link to "under construction" tags is like focusing resources on adding new features to a product which doesn't satisfy original specifications yet.

And also, it'd be cool if there was a "ranking by earnings" on some kind of "TopCoder Top Coders Statistics" page. You could have the "Top Ratings" section (malpt, jonmac, etc), then a "Top Earners (this season)" section (i.e. "1. qubits, $102,000. 2. jonmac, $2,900. 3. Spam_vt, $2,500, etc), then maybe an "Top Earners (all time)" section. I think that (by money) is how golf does their rankings, good prospectives could see "wow, look how much money I'm missing out on", and this Top 10 section could give more credibility to the Top 10 system (especially for people who are looking at it and aren't familiar with the ratings system).

But that's just an idea for after ratings history and earnings history are implemented.
RSS