JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (oldest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Re: software companies in india (response to post by sb99) | Reply
EMC is currently looking to hire developers in India.
Re: software companies in india (response to post by jagan_net) | Reply
Jagan

Not only BFSI, for any project you work on, domain knowledge is essential.

Who knows after 5 years you may still have to continue writing code along with project management (Unless you are keen to keep yourself at a safer distance from coding). I know few people who do technical work besides the project management activities and note that their experience is more than 8-9 years.

Just a point here. It is not necessarily the top 100 companies unless you are interested in branding.
Re: software companies in india (response to post by sb99) | Reply
Me too ... But the thing is that here where u have to think for future ... Landing up in good project will not happen through out in life esp in the software "services" industry .. lots of Maintenance projects ... but one thing u must notice u r not going to write code after 5 yrs !!!!! get in to domain ... and mix technology with it ..
if u work in BFSI (Banking Finance Securities & Insurance).. Technical / Domain Experts are needed .... for critical SOA Governence and Unifying Processes... so work on that build u r Project Mgmt Skills...

If not if u need u wanna go for Challenging jobs ...
goto Honeywell(esp in Avionics), LockHeedMartin , FiServ , Keane .. there are lots of compaines .. check out the Top 100 IT companies in the world .. go in to the company which intrsts u and u r career ..
Re: software companies in india (response to post by anand_nalya) | Reply
Hey anand_nalya, getting challenging work is always a challenge. Moreover, even if you join a Top notch company (other than a very few) your first project there might be good, but there is no gurantee that you will always get such nice projects.

The exception to this rule is startups, where you can expect better work than the work offered by most of the MNCs.
Re: software companies in india (response to post by aussie) | Reply
Google and Microsoft are everywhere, is there no other company except them.
Re: software companies in india (response to post by anand_nalya) | Reply
Google?
software companies in india | Reply
I'm currently working for a big software in India for past 6 months. This is my first job. The kind of work that I've to do is very repetetive by nature and so, is boring. Nothing challenging at all. This is not the case with my company only but with all major Indian companies. I want to know if there are any software companies in India that are doing something intresting. Please give suggestions.
RSS