JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
New Payment Process | Reply
As TopCoder has grown, our ability to effectively manage member payments has become a growing challenge. We recognize that this has caused problems with some member payments, and we are making changes to create a more efficient payment process.

Beginning this month, members will receive one regularly scheduled monthly payment for any and all money earned during the previous month (along with any overdue amounts). This should make the payment schedule more predictable for everyone. Below is the payment schedule for all payments -- including algorithm, design, development and assembly winnings -- for 2007:

Date Earned Date Paid **
January 1-31 February 15, 2007
February 1-28 March 15, 2007
March 1-31 April 16, 2007
April 1-30 May 15, 2007
May 1-31 June 15, 2007
June 1-30 July 16, 2007
July 1-31 August 15, 2007
August 1-31 September 14, 2007
September 1-30 October 15, 2007
October 1-31 November 15, 2007
November 1-30 December 14, 2007
December 1-31 January 15, 2008

** Note: When you actually receive your payment will depend on the payment method you select.

The only exceptions to this schedule are:
* Payments totaling less than $25.00, which will be held until the balance owed reaches $25.00 or more;
* Payments that members request to be held for a certain amount of time (e.g. held for an extra month or two) or until the balance owed reaches a certain dollar amount (e.g. held until the balance is $1,000.00 or greater).

More information on the payment process, requirements, and more is available on the How to Get Paid FAQs: http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=help&d2=getPaid&node=algo_get_paid.

Be sure to contact me (mylizaTC) regarding all payment questions, balance details and tax forms. You can reach me through payments@topcoder.com or through AIM/Yahoo: mylizatc.

Thank you,

mylizaTC
Re: New Payment Process (response to post by mylizaTC) | Reply
What with old payments from 2006 year, is there some deadline to which they will be sended out?
Re: New Payment Process (response to post by MB__) | Reply
I'm told that overdue payments (as of when, I don't know) will be sent out on the 15th. I don't know if that includes overdue payments from this month or not.
1) Does "Date Paid" for checks mean the check will be sent on that day? If not, when will the check be sent?

2) On "Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:51 AM PDT", chrsie said "We are researching the possibility of domestic ACH transactions." What progress has been made into this "research?" Has TopCoder decided against it as a payment option and why?
Re: New Payment Process (response to post by duner) | Reply
We are still working on ACH transfers. When that is available I will let you know.
The under $25 rule is harsh if a Div2 coder gets a room 2nd - it's already hard enough to claim your meagre reward, but people do it for the princile of the matter!

The "setting a threshold before payments are made" is cool, but will it be configurable somewhere? In fact a nice page to control my financial stuff would be much better than sending emails and wondering if they're received. I'd like to be able to set a preference for payment method and details - i.e paypal and my paypal email address amongst other things.
What is date paid for this December?
Re: New Payment Process (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
d000hg
The "setting a threshold before payments are made" is cool, but will it be configurable somewhere?
mylizaTC
The only exceptions to this schedule are:
* Payments that members request to be held ... until the balance owed reaches a certain dollar amount (e.g. held until the balance is $1,000.00 or greater).
It doesn't look like there will be a page somewhere for us to configure it ourselves though (at least not for now), but we can probably just email payments@topcoder.com and ask for the threshold to be set at a certain amount (minimum $25).
Re: New Payment Process (response to post by aussie) | Reply
Currently setting up a page for you to configure yourself would be added work for me because members could be changing thier pages everyday and I would have to double check them. I am planning to make December 15th a payment date to catch up with over due amounts too. I am very busy now with payments@topcoder.com and I want you to all know that I will try to get back to everyone of your e-mails. Please keep them to important questions like holds or missing payments. Thank you all for your feedback and support with the new change.
I was thinking of a configuration page to directly update the payments database so you don't need to check stuff. As a temporary measure such a page could simply send an email to you automatically in a standard format - you wouldn't have to read our waffle. The standard foramtting would even mean a simple tool could parse these emails and add the requests to a database or queue.
Re: New Payment Process (response to post by dfn) | Reply
The Pay Date for December is the 15th, this will be the start of the new process.
Update for November payments:

We are experiencing a delay with wire transfers from the new payment provider, that is beyond our control. The December 15th payments may not be processed until December 18th at 5:00 p.m. EST.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We are continuing to make the payment process more efficient.
Just as a general aside, I am overjoyed with how TopCoder pays me money to do stuff I thoroughly enjoy. I've consistently received payments faster than I expected (and usually more than I expected, because I'm not so good with the maths).

Thanks to all the TopCoder admins/staff that make this possible.
RSS