JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
New Component Tutorials | Reply
In an effort to help members get started in Component Design and Development competitions, we have developed new tutorial movies (Flash required). There is a high bandwidth version that features an audio script, as well a lower bandwidth version featuring text subtitles, for both Design and Development.
Re: New Component Tutorials (response to post by mbnd96) | Reply
It will be more helpful to serve the tutorials as zip files; I think new comers will tend to save the files if they have a low internet speed.
Re: New Component Tutorials (response to post by mbnd96) | Reply
Nice work! - a few things though.
I'm guessing these are finish, rather than samples, but after watching the design one:
1) After the Project Submit & Review system changes, will those sections be updated in the clips?
2) Is the design one supposed to stop after section 12? When I played it, it stopped after step 12 and I had to manually get to step 13.
3) Unless I missed it (from above), the "What happens if I win" section doesn't mention anything about having to answer development questions.
and finally ...4) who's voice? :p
Re: New Component Tutorials (response to post by sql_lall) | Reply
I haven't finished watching the design tutorial yet, but I had that problem with the development one stopping part way through one of the sections near the end too.
Re: New Component Tutorials (response to post by aussie) | Reply
Same here.
Re: New Component Tutorials (response to post by dskloet) | Reply
everyone, who got the flash files, please upload them somewhere please.

I can not get them.
Re: New Component Tutorials (response to post by sql_lall) | Reply
1) Yes we will update with the new Submit and Review app.
2) It should not stop.
3) This is a good point, we'll need to add to the next version.

Lastly the voice, is from a contractor we used to do the flash presentation.
RSS