JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]    NEXT >
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by TAG) | Reply
A couple of years ago one of my subjects at uni had a class forum where everyone could add just add what they wanted to say where ever they wanted to. About half the class added to the top, and the other half to the bottom and there were a lot of arguments about which was the 'correct' way to do it, and of course the people arguing for one side were adding their arguments to the top, and the people on the other side were adding their arguments to the bottom, so you had to start in the middle of the page and keep scrolling up and down to follow the conversation. That was a lot of fun to read.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by Krzysan) | Reply
Don't tell me you scroll down every time you want to see a new post.

What are you talking about?

*rummages through the settings*

Oh, THAT!

Why would you want to read things backwards like that?

:-P
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by rrenaud) | Reply
LOL, we're going to encourage our kids to go to state schools. :-P
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by dplass) | Reply
Backwards like that means "stacked" or "queued"? I can't tell which one are you for :-)

[Edit] Anyway, sorry for spoiling such a nice, meaningful thread with this chit-chat :-( EOT from me.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by NeverMore) | Reply
Problem: Pops still isn't a stationary target.

Real question - how long before I pass you up?
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by dplass) | Reply
My backup plan is to get a part time job at a state school - you are then eligible for fee-courtesy at any state school (that's what my father did and I only paid $33 per credit hour!).
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by harvey6ft) | Reply
This sounds like a very attractive position, especially to someone right out of college.

Unfortunately it isn't right for me for the same reasons I haven't "checked the box" and never check the career opportunities page (and rarely read the Employment forum):

1) I already have a job I enjoy that pays me enough to live on (of course, more wouldn't hurt).
2) I have two young kids and we live close enough to family that their grandparents regularly baby sit for us.
3) My wife has 9 months of nursing school left, so now wouldn't be a good time to transfer.

#1 allows me to stay where I am, and the others are why we don't want to leave (at least not right now).
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by Kawigi) | Reply
Yeah, I'm dropping back fast in the TopPoster contest. Damn this having work to do and such. And also, not being able to come up with intelligent things to say. :(
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by NeverMore) | Reply
And also, not being able to come up with intelligent things to say. :(

You let that stop you? ;)

You'd almost caught me a couple of weeks ago, now I'm nearly a hundred ahead again. But I don't think it'll be long before TheFaxman passes me.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by aussie) | Reply
The way the Marathon events are going I'll be well past everyone by the end of the year.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by TheFaxman) | Reply
On behalf of me and dplass - we say "bring it on!"
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by tolkienfan) | Reply
I guess not.
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by Pops) | Reply
Or you could join the military and become a"disabled veteran" (where the meaning of "disabled" does not necessarily death or severe disability) and not pay anything except the student specific fees (at least in CA state schools, YMMV). Are you willing to make that sacrifice for your kids? ;)
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by Krzysan) | Reply
Was just joking about how *I* think *your* way is "backwards" and *you* think *my* way is "backwards".

I have always always always read stuff "most recent thread at top, most recent post within that thread at bottom"
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by duner) | Reply
I should note: this particular client will also consider yellow rated members as well... Thanks for the feedback!
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]    NEXT >

RSS