JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]
Re: *jaw drops* (response to post by Demasi) | Reply
I agree, it's one of the best things about me doing this semester of university here in Germany :). I go back to Australia about a week after the final.
Re: *jaw drops* (response to post by aussie) | Reply
So you are choosing your school based on the World Cup schedule :-). I had a friend who took a job in Australia just to go see the World Cup of Rugby.
Hey, man, that's cool! :)
I have a friend who did his PhD in France. While he was there, the 98 World Cup took place. Well, but it turned out that France was not the best place for a brazilian to be in 1998... ;)

So, are you going to watch the Brazil x Australia match live at the stadium? :)
I tried to get tickets (for all the Australian games but that was the one I most wanted), but I haven't been able to so far and probably won't be able to at all. But I'm still going to go to each city where Australia plays just to be near the games :).
Re: *jaw drops* (response to post by mess) | Reply
I didn't choose to come here because of the World Cup, I just chose the dates for my flights so that I'd be in Europe for certain events. Unfortunately I didn't know the exact date for one of the events and I've since found out that it is going to be on in Berlin the day before I fly out of Hamburg, hopefully I'll still make it.

Incidentally, just a couple of weeks after it was confirmed that I would be coming here this semester, Australia beat Uruguay on penalties to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 32 years... I'm sure you can imagine how happy I was.
Sold out?
They have kind of a lottery system. There are multiple rounds where people apply for tickets they want, and at the end of each round they randomly choose the people to give the tickets to. I think it's actually a bit more complicated than that and not all rounds are the same, but you get the idea. There are a lot more people applying for tickets than there are tickets available.
<< PREV    [ 1 2 3 4 ]

RSS