JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by ctian) | Reply
Binary search (or holding the set in a balanced binary search tree) is just one way to do it. Hashing is more optimal with respect to time, and putting all the values in a list and iterating them until you find the right one or get to the end of the list is the easy but slower way.
Subject Author Date
Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? ctian Jan 19, 2006 at 8:27 PM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? Kawigi Jan 19, 2006 at 8:31 PM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? dskloet Jan 20, 2006 at 3:45 AM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? ctian Jan 20, 2006 at 2:22 PM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? AaronWilliam Jun 30, 2017 at 7:11 AM EDT
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? hennerywatson Jul 26, 2017 at 7:23 AM EDT
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? charlesainsley Nov 6, 2017 at 3:01 AM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? ElizaJabeen Nov 29, 2017 at 7:15 AM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? Jonathan87 Jan 16, 2018 at 5:14 AM EST
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? rcbipltickets Jan 16, 2018 at 5:27 AM EST
RSS