JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? | Reply
I just want to verify that a given input can be found in a constant set, and don't need to find out where in the set it is. Is there a better way than binary search?
I tried minimal perfect hashing function, but it is still not the best in terms of memory space and computational time. In fact, I do not need the function to be minimal perfect, since collision is OK.
Thank you!
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by ctian) | Reply
Binary search (or holding the set in a balanced binary search tree) is just one way to do it. Hashing is more optimal with respect to time, and putting all the values in a list and iterating them until you find the right one or get to the end of the list is the easy but slower way.
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by ctian) | Reply
For hashing you need to have all the values. Binary search also works on functions (predicates) for which you don't have the value before hand so you don't have to evaluate it in every point.
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by dskloet) | Reply
Yes, I do have all the values before hand. That is another reason that I think I can find a better algorithm with regard to space and speed. Is there a way that I can extract information from the existing values to save space, then find a key-index relationship like hashing?
Binary Search is a proficient calculation for finding a thing from a requested rundown of things Assignment help uk It works by over and over isolating into equal parts the bit of the rundown that could contain the thing, until you've limited the conceivable areas to only one.
Binary Search is a proficient calculation for finding a thing from a requested rundown of things.
Twofold Search might be a decent count for finding a factor from an asked for summation of factor It works by again and again logical into break even with parts the smidgen of the summation that would contain the thing, till you have limited the possible ranges to only one.
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by charlesainsley) | Reply
Extraordinary section! I thought that it was exceptionally fascinating. I'll return later to check whether more posts are included. Cheap Dissertation Writing Service
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by ElizaJabeen) | Reply
Paired Search is a capable estimation for finding a thing from an asked for once-over of things essay writing service It works by again and again confining into a balance of the bit of the once-over that could contain the thing until you've constrained the possible territories to just a single.
Re: Is there an easier way than binary search if I don't want to find the index? (response to post by Jonathan87) | Reply
VIVO IPL 11 RCB IPL Tickets 2018 Online Booking Now we are all waiting to witness the great event of cricket tournament IPL season 11 in the month of April and May 2018.

RCB IPL Tickets
RCB IPL Tickets Online Booking
RSS