JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Employment | Reply
Is it assumed that most TopCoders don't have jobs? Having the contest at 9am precludes us white-collar types (and blue-collar for that matter) from participating.
Re: Employment (response to post by remowilliams) | Reply
Actually, the majority of our regular competitors do not live in the US. We try our best to accommodate everyone, no matter where they live.
Re: Employment (response to post by FogleBird) | Reply
On the other hand, some of these competitors have a have to pay x to notarize the affidavit and get the prize, where x > prize.
The last *5* relevant knockout rounds for GCJ and TCO are all at around 3am South African/European times.

Considering that many of us are employed fulltime, each event will pose a problem to many of the competitors around the world.

I've been getting strange looks at work, and I'm out of Red Bull.
+1. I'm particularly miffed that there used to be four 9pm (Eastern time) SRMs in a row in September, which is my favorite time.
Re: Employment (response to post by Eryx) | Reply
he, he that is why of the 300$ something that I won over the past couple years in SRMs I have only collected about 24 :)
Re: Employment (response to post by HiltonLange) | Reply
The Red Bull seems to have worked. Maybe I'll try it.

Nah, Dr. Pepper is too delicious. : )
Re: Employment (response to post by dplass) | Reply
Personally - the only time I can compete is 10pm (easter time) when everyone has gone to bed and there are almost none of those anymore...
Re: Employment (response to post by Pops) | Reply
Easter time - as in Easter Island?

:-P
RSS