JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Google Code Jam. | Reply
Hi,

Among the last year GCJ onsite finalists, how many have been recruited by Google? Just curious to know.

-senthil
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by Shadrach) | Reply
At least a few that I'm aware of. At the onsite, the VP told us, in so many words, whoever wants to come work for us, here's my card.

Attending an onsite with them definitely puts your resume at the top of the pile.
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by timmac) | Reply
Do you know which skills we need to be hired by Google? Are algorithmic problem solving and coding skill enough? Anything else? Does advancing to onsite round of GCJ help?
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by athenachu71) | Reply
As I was saying in my previous message, the VP basically made an open-ended offer of employement to everyone there. There was still an interview process, but your coding skill (based upon looking at your TC rating) is probably more than enough.

I believe one of the article about the India CodeJam actually stated something to the effect that Google would have hired any of the onsite participants.

Edit: (adding more)

Thinking back to my phone interview last year (I did not pursue any further, for various reasons), the questions were about algorithms and data structures, and were intended to see how I would think through a problem. I actually didn't think I did very well, but apparently I did just fine.

Following the CodeJam, you should have one or more contacts you can get in touch with directly, that you can send your resume to.
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by timmac) | Reply
Is it the same with those who advance to onsite but cannot participate because of the visa problem?
Hi,

You might find this thread useful.
http://forums.topcoder.com/?module=Thread&threadID=506163&start=0&mc=9

-senthil
Re: Google Code Jam. (response to post by Shadrach) | Reply
I'm studying in the UK now. Is it possible for me to earn an internship in Google Headquarter in the next summer period? What should I prepare to achieve that? Is there anyone working for Google now? Can you give me your email, please? Thanks a lot!
At least for summer 2005, this site was updated with instructions for how to apply sometime around January or February:

http://www.google.com/jobs/intern.html
RSS