JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 2 ]
Re: Resume file format (response to post by Krzysan) | Reply
True, I care about employers that don't use MS Word more :)
Re: Resume file format (response to post by Krzysan) | Reply
Thx, I just realize an interesting way to think about this.

It's possible that a good company can't read PDF. But it's difficult to believe if a good established IT company can't read PDF.
Re: Resume file format (response to post by amitz.sekali) | Reply
If you send a Word file, you should lock it. Otherwise your file can accidentally be modified.
Also, if you send a Word CV and say "I am experienced in MS Office", please learn how to use tabs and so on properly.
Re: Resume writing (response to post by kclune) | Reply
Could you take a look at my CV, please? I just uploaded it to my account. Thank you in advance.
Re: Resume writing (response to post by ntn) | Reply
Hello, i'm seeing people inviting others to see their resumes, can someone show me how to visualise other's resumes on topcoder ? thanks :)
Re: Resume writing (response to post by kclune) | Reply
If you'd like to review the CV I submitted (the one I used to allow TC to try and find me work) I'd be interested. Especially if you can tell me what to say on it to get a $200/hour contract :) Probably I don't use "Enterprise" enough...

I have always kept it to 1 page but it's only recently I've read in a few places about employers specifically wanting it like that.
Re: Resume writing (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
Interesting...

Can someone by any chance send me a single page resume? Because I simply have absolutely no idea how to reduce everything to a single page.

Additionally could someone explain what the difference is between a resume and a CV? What should a resume contain and what are the "general" errors of including things that shouldn't be included?

Thanks.
Re: Resume writing (response to post by Karalabe) | Reply
Additionally could someone explain what the difference is between a resume and a CV?

Here's the answer I was given (3 years ago in this thread):

http://forums.topcoder.com/?module=Thread&threadID=505191#505215
Re: Resume writing (response to post by Karalabe) | Reply
If you PM me your email address I should have one I can send you, if you promise to to show it to anyone else. It's worked reasonably well... I've got interviews on every job I seriously applied for.
<< PREV    [ 1 2 ]

RSS