JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >
Anyone NOT looking for a job? | Reply
We've been emailing and contacting just about every Topcoder member in the U.S. who's out of school (and many who are still in school) over the past 4 months or so. Sometimes people get back to us, sometimes they don't. Sometimes we are able to find someone who is very happily employed at a great company with interesting and challenging work and excellent pay.

If you fall into that category we'd like to talk with you. We have many members and a limited number of job openings - if you're working for a great company let us know! Recently I was able to reach a member that was happy where he was. Instead of me trying to recruit him, he realized that his company needed more talented developers and that he'd love to work with other Topcoder members. He put us in touch with his management the next day. Within 2 days we had an agreement in place to begin recruiting for that company. Now we can offer yet another possibility to our members.

The more often this happens the more great jobs with great companies we'll have to present to Topcoder members. So.... Who's got a GREAT job????
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by harvey6ft) | Reply
Is it only Americans you want to hear from here?
*Raises hand*

:-)
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by Kawigi) | Reply
LOL!!!

Do you really want us to work with you???

[Or want a partner for help you posting in the forums :P]
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by Digibomb) | Reply
There are plenty of people in TopCoder that I'd love to have working with me. There are also a good number of people in TopCoder who are working here, but none that are close enough that I ever see them without trying to.
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by d000hg) | Reply
If your company wants to use TopCoder's recruting services to hire lots of people, I bet they still would like to talk to you, even if you might, say, live on a foggy island and put a "u" in colour. But I imagine it is much easier for them to enter into legal agreements with businesses inside the states, thus making it not worth their while to do small jobs "offshore."
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by Rustyoldman) | Reply
Or even "offshoure".
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by Kawigi) | Reply
I wouldn't work there if they paid me to. Wait...
I am not looking for a job. Well, right at the moment anyway. And not for another decade if things go as planned. But... if these marathon matches keep being as interesting and time consuming as they have been, then it is quite possible that I could become so distracted from my work that I suddenly am looking for a job.

Was this TopCoder's evil master plan for running the marathon matches? Get coders fired so there are more available jobs and coders to place?
TopCoder needs to have the "Boss" button like some of the old games had which brought you to the C:\ prompt.

Now it is really hard to notice my boss coming and quickly open a non-TopCoder webpage.. and then not accidentally switch back to the forum/contest applet page while he is still next to me talking about being productive or some such crap..
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by harhazahavarye) | Reply
Actually, there should be a facility to "skin" the arena.

I would make a skin that mimicked Eclipse. That way no one would ever know I wasn't working.
Re: Anyone NOT looking for a job? (response to post by tolkienfan) | Reply
Thats a cool idea...
I would never even consider working on any TopCoder stuff at work. That would be missuse of government resources resulting in an instant career change and possibly criminal charges.

I just worry that I rush home to work on the marathon match problem after a day of trying to not think about it and never get anything else done, at home or at work. Actually lately we have had so much work to do, it has been cutting into my marathon match time! (unimaginable but true!)
Yeah me neither. I would never work with/post in/ or even look at TopCoder at work. It would be wrong, immoral, and also probably fattening.

<Ok, boss left the room>

Where are the crazy monster threads for me to resurect?
Every packet that goes in or out of the site is recorded. All disks are backed up to central servers. They use search tools for combing through these piles of data. Effectively, there is never any "boss going out of the room." This is a little different than your average office network environment.
[ 1 2 ]    NEXT >

RSS