JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat (newest first)  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
<< PREV    [ 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]    NEXT >
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by Pops) | Reply
OK, is it just me, or is it a "You know your a TopCoder when" you have a really good SRM, with probably the longest piece of code you've written and debugged during an SRM, and you keep reloading your rating graph, and have to read your code again and again?

EDIT: There, just did it again.
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by eraserhd) | Reply
When you internally say "Thanks TopCoder for bringing me back, in some way, all those feelings I had on my high school days, when I used to have one small math contest each week for 2-3 months each year".

This is true, once I finished high school I felt incomplete, I needed to compete, that had become a part of me, a part of my life, a really important part. I managed to resist 1 year without competitions, then I finally found TopCoder, and with it, the programming contest world.

I'm pretty sure this is the same for many TopCoders.
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by Rustyoldman) | Reply
In a thread where the title is using "your"..
Re: You know your[sic] a TopCoder when ... (response to post by Larry) | Reply
This has already been the subject of many complaints.
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by roypalacios) | Reply
When in your last-night dream TopCoder added a third SRM to each month with only 2, and filled the next couple of (empty)months with 3 SRM each.
...when your nightmare consists in an SRM with -25 points.
...when you buy an UPS just in case power goes off during a SRM.
When you think that TopCoder has again switched back to 4 srm's per month after actually viewing 2008's calender.
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by innocentboy) | Reply
...When your children hero is Petr.
...When you prefer to watch TopCoder Final matches contest than watching the movie --Batman Dark Knight--
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by jbernadas) | Reply
When you look for "Certified For Topcoder" logo on UPS box. :P
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by muxecoid) | Reply
When you write the domain of the function z=(x^2+y^2)/(x-y) as:
"All real numbers were x != y" on your calculus test.
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by mhayter1) | Reply
When you log in to TopCoder arena and feel bored so you decide to play a game with your friend in which he chooses a random room and goes there and you try to find him without using "Search" in the arena, but with only him whispering to you if the new room you go to is closer or further to the room he chose, and you do a binary search to play the game :)
You receive a T-shirt from TopCoder in the mail and revel in the glory of it and forget the fact that you did poorly in a programming competition that same morning.
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by asmaamagdi) | Reply
When you have written a program that computes the optimum strategy for both hider and seeker in this game, where the seeker wants to minimize the expected number of moves and the hiders goal is the opposite. :)
Re: You know your a TopCoder when ... (response to post by mhayter1) | Reply
.. when you spend a minute thinking "So... What's wrong with that?" before getting the joke.
You know you still have got some lengthes to go, when you you KNOW your solution will receive TLE, and yet you submit it because you want to believe...
<< PREV    [ 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ]    NEXT >

RSS