JOIN
Get Time
forums   
Search | Watch Thread  |  My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
View: Flat  | Threaded  | Tree
Previous Thread  |  Next Thread
Suggestion: Allow the user to save set(s) of test data | Reply
On the 1000 point practice problem in particular, it is very tedious to re-enter the test data every time you want to test your problem. Can you guys implement some way for the user to save a set or two of test data?

Also, the problem description was not very clear for the 1000 point practice problem. I was expecting the room IDs to be an array list of Integer objects (the spec just said "integers"). Instead, they are passed as a list of String objects.
Re: Suggestion: Allow the user to save set(s) of test data (response to post by Spam_vt) | Reply
I concur! Perhaps also provide a way to use the sample set provided with the problem as a test, when one exists? It's already been given in the problem text, and seeing it could serve as an example of how to format your own test sets. It's hardly the most rigorous test, since it doesn't test special cases, but it clearly shows what's expected.
Re: Suggestion: Allow the user to save set(s) of test data (response to post by Orbus) | Reply
While you are working on a problem I added the ability to save the last set of test data that was input, so you don't have to keep re-entering it for multiple tests. As soon as you close the problem, the data gets flushed. We will look into the "default" set of test data in future releases. As far as how the array list elements/objects are to be cast, we will be more clear in the problem statements.
RSS