JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Experiences with hiring... Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Experiences with hiring... (response to post by Psyho)
First of all - it's much harder to get to Warsaw University, but once you're in, it's very easy to stay, especially if you pass first year.

Depends where you're coming from. For me the first year was easy, but the workload increased significantly with time. Maybe that's because of the double degree program.

Also we have too much thereotical stuff, there's lack of teaching programs architecture and design, but that's changing right now for better.

We have three mandatory courses and a couple of free choice, I guess that's not bad. I agree that level of object-oriented programming class is not very high, but that's because you're expecting too much - this course is for people that don't know a thing about it.

It's strange that whenever I can, I try to give my university bad name - maybe to balance out the things.

If you don't like something, go and change it instead of doing something like that.
Re: Experiences with hiring... (response to post by Psyho)
First of all - it's much harder to get to Warsaw University, but once you're in, it's very easy to stay, especially if you pass first year.

Depends where you're coming from. For me the first year was easy, but the workload increased significantly with time. Maybe that's because of the dual degree program.

Also we have too much thereotical stuff, there's lack of teaching programs architecture and design, but that's changing right now for better.

We have three mandatory courses and a couple of free choice, I guess that's not bad. I agree that level of object-oriented programming class is not very high, but that's because you're expecting too much - this course is for people that don't know a thing about it.

It's strange that whenever I can, I try to give my university bad name - maybe to balance out the things.

If you don't like something, go and change it instead of doing something like that.