JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Employment opportunities with TCO sponsors Revision History (3 edits)
Re: Employment opportunities with TCO sponsors (response to post by mbnd96)
Surely then this thread should have started with something along the lines of 'TopCoder have been instructed by companies X, Y and Z to look for coders who meet the following criteria...'

I'm sure most people who compete on TC do so because they have a passion for problem solving and software development and design.

If the employers basic requirements were made available to the TC community it may save the TC recruiters a lot of work because it would probably result in less applications. For instance, are employers recruiting university graduates for entry level positions or are they looking for candidates with commercial experience in their specific industry?

I believe publishing employers requirements would also have the side effect of providing TC members (especially those still at college/university) with a general idea of the type of positions employers are recruiting for and the prerequisite technical skills and experience.

Cheers.
Surely then this thread should have started with something along the lines of 'TopCoder have been instructed by companies X, Y and Z to look for coders who meet the following criteria...'

I'm sure most people who compete on TC do so because they have a passion for problem solving and software development and design.

If the employers basic requirements were made available to the TC community it may save the TC recruiters a lot of work because it would probably result in less applications.

It would also have the side effect of providing TC members (especially those still at college/university) with a general idea of the type of positions employers are recruiting for and the prerequisite technical skills and experience.

Cheers.

If the employers basic requirements were made available to the TC community it may save the TC recruiters a lot of work because it would probably result in less applications.

It would also have the side effect of providing TC members (especially those still at college/university) with a general idea of the type of positions employers are recruiting for and the prerquisite technical skills and experience.

It would also have the side effect of providing TC members (especially those still at college/university) with a general idea of the type of positions employers are recruiting for and the prerquisite technical skills and experience.