JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Tutorial Discussions Range Minimum Query and Lowest Common Ancestor Re: Good job. Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Good job. (response to post by radeye)
Of course he is not the first using that, the idea is not hard at all. He was just the first who used this idea in Romanian programing contests. Look what Kawigi said: "Ah, sounds like a name for radeye's version of binary search". That's because he first saw this kind of binary search at you. We use to say that this was "Mihai's version of binary search" because we first saw it at him. He gived that name too, and that's why we use it.
However, i don't think that we really need to use a special name for this. It's just a binary search after all.
Re: Good job. (response to post by radeye)
Of course he is not the first using that, the idea is not hard at all. He was just the first who used this idea in Romanian programing contests. Look what Kawigi said: "Ah, sounds like a name for radeye's version of binary search". That's because he first saw this kind of binary search at you. We use to say that this was "Mihai's version of binary search" because we first saw it at him. He give that name too, and that's why we use it.
However, i don't think that we really need to use a special name for this. It's just a binary search after all.