JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Recent Grad Having Trouble Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Recent Grad Having Trouble (response to post by nicomp)
I just got an internship. I was similar to you in that I really needed a job more than anything. I applied at best buy and some other places. I also applied at a large (fortune 500 style) technology company just for the fun of it. I wasn't expecting to even get an interview, but I did and they liked me. Point is, don't be satisfied with minimum wage at walgreens. I did that stuff in high school. you need to be getting actual experience, (plus the pay is WAY better). I might have gotten lucky, but it seems that in my area (Massachusetts) there are plenty of IT jobs for entry level and internships.
Re: Recent Grad Having Trouble (response to post by nicomp)
I just got an internship. I was similar to you in that I really needed a job more than anything. I applied at best buy and some other places. I also applied at EMC just for the fun of it. I wasn't expecting to even get an interview, but I did and they liked me. Point is, don't be satisfied with minimum wage at walgreens. I did that stuff in high school. you need to be getting actual experience, (plus the pay is WAY better). I might have gotten lucky, but it seems that in my area (Massachusetts) there are plenty of IT jobs for entry level and internships.