JOIN
Get Time
forums  Revision History
Search My Post History  |  My Watches  |  User Settings
Forums Round Tables General Career Discussions Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector Revision History (1 edit)
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by duner)
Something that isn't said in the original post, but should be noted, is that a lot of the companies TC placement works with have much lower thresholds of interest. While a rating around the 1200 level might not be "stellar" in the TopCoder crowd, when you consider that TC members often represent those who are already ahead of the pack, and more importantly, some of the most genuinely enthusiastic individuals who like what they do, then even those who might be labelled as 'lower rated' members can look very attractive to an employer.

I just noticed... this was post # 100000000 for me! woohoo!
Re: Salaries in the Financial Sector (response to post by duner)
Something that isn't said in the original post, but should be noted, is that a lot of the companies TC placement works with have much lower thresholds of interest. While a rating around the 1200 level might not be "stellar" in the TopCoder crowd, when you consider that TC members often represent those who are already ahead of the pack, and more importantly, some of the most genuinely enthusiastic individuals who like what they do, then even those who might be labelled as 'lower rated' members can look very attractive to an employer.